Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Suffix vs Power Pro "again"

Message Subject: Suffix vs Power Pro "again"
Nut Buster
Posted 4/7/2009 7:15 AM (#370716)
Subject: Suffix vs Power Pro "again"

I would like to take a different angle on this subject . . . Power Pro was voted the best or most popular line on a thread a while ago. However, I noticed the number of Suffix users was less compared to Power Pro . . . my final point/question is this . . . I saw complaints about Power Pro but didn't see any about Suffix so . . . does anyone have any complaints about Suffix line? Let's vote on a line switch. Who has gone to Power Pro from Suffix or who has gone from Suffix to Power Pro?
muskyhunter24
Posted 4/7/2009 8:29 AM (#370723 - in reply to #370716)
Subject: Re: Suffix vs Power Pro "again"

I went from PP to Suffix, I just got my 1200 yd spool of 80# in the mail last week, I already noticed a difference in how much smoother it is and how it seems to be more compact on the reel the PP. We will see how it works in 25 days.
Madmanmusky
Posted 4/7/2009 8:33 AM (#370725 - in reply to #370723)

My brother and I switched from power pro to suffix last year. No complaints whatsoever. No snap offs and fewer backlashes. Good line. Power pro is good line also.
Matty
Posted 4/7/2009 8:33 AM (#370726 - in reply to #370716)
Subject: RE: Suffix vs Power Pro "again"

Hey Nut Buster. I think that was a great observation, I was thinking the same thing. People using both products, but not one negative point was brought up about the Sufix line. I have a friend of mine who works for Normark, who has purchased Sufix (maybe biased opinion), but he says Sufix is the best braid he has ever used. Keep in mind, he fishes for a lot more species of fish than musky, but he is a good friend of mine and I dont think he would mislead me unless he really believed it to be true.
jay lip ripper
Posted 4/7/2009 2:37 PM (#370792 - in reply to #370716)

i kinda got this whole thing started when jeff was asking me about line. i told him sufix was the BEST i have used so far. i said its cause of the quality control, they just make a better braid and the price reflects that cause it is one of the most expstive ones out today. i think alot more guys would use it if it wasnt so much. i still want to try tuf-line and the new fireline braid. never used either so i should give then a try this season but i think sufix will still be better in the end.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)