Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> lowrance

Message Subject: lowrance
esoxfever
Posted 3/30/2009 2:58 PM (#369256)
Subject: lowrance

hey guys I looked back a couple pages first and coulnd't find the answer to this so here goes.
I put an lcx-27c on my boat this winter and I bought an adapter plate for my ram mount to mount the antenna right to it. When I took it out the first time this spring the unit kept loosing it's signal. the lms-522c on the bow never lost it's signal all day. I was wondering if the cables running over the top of the antenna were enough to cause problems? Anybody else have any experience with this? I know it wouldn't take to much to just move the puck and see but I thought I would ask first. I e-mailed lowrance and haven't got a response and their 800# is always busy.
thanks guys
cheers clay
tuffy1
Posted 3/30/2009 3:05 PM (#369257 - in reply to #369256)
Subject: RE: lowrance

Clay,

Is the windshield of the boat covering any part of the puck? I'm not sure how sensitive the pucks are, but it might not take much to interfere with the reception. I'm sure there are others on here that know much more about those than me though.
R Findlan
Posted 3/30/2009 3:09 PM (#369259 - in reply to #369256)
Subject: Re: lowrance

I had an LCX-27 put on the console of our boat and a lms-520 put on the bow last spring. These were installed by a local marine dealer. We discussed where we wanted to put the puck(antenna). The dealer recommended near the back of the boat at least three feet away from both units. He said for some reason with the puck being within three feet the signal can be lost. I also had planned on using the same RAM mount but decided no to after hearing this. I have not had any problems with either unit. The dealer that advised me is very particular and is very good at what he does. Not sure if this is your problem but something you could try.
Hope this helps,
Reed Findlan
esoxfever
Posted 3/30/2009 3:13 PM (#369263 - in reply to #369259)

thanks guys I guess I'll try a new location and see what happens?
welldriller
Posted 3/30/2009 6:40 PM (#369308 - in reply to #369256)

I have an x-28 that had the same problem. I bought that cool adapter plate for the puck too. It doesn't work. It is to close to the unit. It will cause you all kinds of problems from losing your gps signal to false readings on the sonar. Either throw the plate in the garbage or use it as a mounting bracket for your puck over the side of the boat. That's what I did.
ghoti
Posted 3/30/2009 7:49 PM (#369314 - in reply to #369256)

Had the same problem with a LMS 330C. Had the puck mounted on console with locator, worked fine for 2 years, then started having problems losing signal. Moved the puck away from the locator and all was well again.
Muskiemetal
Posted 3/31/2009 6:35 AM (#369374 - in reply to #369256)

Lowrance has advised us not to sell the adapter plate with any newer modules (I think 2000 and the 4000) due to interference from the unit and the puck. Best to mount the puck away like was said before. Usually on the back gunny or on the bow deck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)