Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Mag Shad by Tackle industries

Message Subject: Mag Shad by Tackle industries
Oneida Esox
Posted 3/17/2009 2:38 PM (#366696)
Subject: Mag Shad by Tackle industries

HI guys, I recieved a package in the mail today from the Operation Muskie auction. Thanks for your fast work Mike! I recieved 2 Mag Shads from the auction that I won.

I have a couple questions, first, has anyone had much success with these lures. Second, in looking at how big they are, I'm a little concerned that with only two hooks on an 11 inch lure that hookups will be an issue.

Any feedback on these lures at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(magshads.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments magshads.jpg (170KB - 126 downloads)
lambeau
Posted 3/17/2009 2:40 PM (#366698 - in reply to #366696)
Subject: Re: Mag Shad by Tackle industries

glad they got there quickly, John.

i'm very intriqued by those big Mag Shads, especially the shallow twitcher version.
as for hooks, there's a lot of 10-12" bucktails out there that only have 2 hooks, and those seem to work just fine...
mota
Posted 3/17/2009 3:20 PM (#366709 - in reply to #366696)

there is a difference between tooth on hair vs tooth on plastic.if she grab the head you have big chance to lost her.thats why most of baitmakers put 3 trebles for baits over 8 inch
imho you will not get lots of review because the bait ave been release this year.
personally i would like another treble on it,but they look sweet
james do you finally have a video of the lure in action?
muskihntr
Posted 3/17/2009 4:22 PM (#366720 - in reply to #366696)

john those are too big for you to throw what you need to do is just give them to me.
Muskerboy
Posted 3/17/2009 4:23 PM (#366721 - in reply to #366696)

They look like they'd be great baits. I'd also love to see a video of them.
Tackle Industries
Posted 3/17/2009 6:15 PM (#366742 - in reply to #366696)

I have some video but it sucks. 3' pool does these lures no justice. I also have some underwater footage but it is not good either. These lures were late to the game in 2008 due to a lip problem. Got the lips beefed up but it was too late for the 2009 season. Some guys have them in the South but I have not gotten any word yet (good or bad). As for hook ups, I think it will do ok. The belly tapers down to the hooks and the hooks also extend out away from the body and should not get hidden by the body of the lure. I am looking forward to the spring reviews on this one! Sorry I don't have much more on it. Really wish it has some October/November time in 2008.
sworrall
Posted 3/17/2009 6:41 PM (#366746 - in reply to #366696)

And you will, very soon!
Targa01
Posted 3/17/2009 7:28 PM (#366758 - in reply to #366696)

I 'T' the front hook on mine to add a little more clearance between the hook points and body. I think they will do fine for hook ups but only time will tell. It looks big but just wait until it's T-boned in a fishes mouth and it won't look so big then!! I'm going to throw mine a little this next summer but I mainly bought it as a fall troller...
Oneida Esox
Posted 3/18/2009 7:45 AM (#366820 - in reply to #366742)

I'm thinking open water!

I didn't realize that I was in possession of the hottest bait for the upcoming 2009 season! Can't wait to try them.

I am very intrigued by the size, lip design, body shape, hook placement. I was lucky enough to get some time with the Triple D during the testing stages, so it goes without saying that I love crankbaits. Half the fish in my boat every year come on deep diving crankbaits.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)