Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> My thoughts on 4M86HF (Sling Blade) St. Croix

Message Subject: My thoughts on 4M86HF (Sling Blade) St. Croix
Professional Edge
Posted 12/15/2008 3:53 PM (#349949)
Subject: My thoughts on 4M86HF (Sling Blade) St. Croix

Hello everybody.

I have been asked a bunch over the last couple months about the new St Croix Tournament 4M86HF (or the sling blade) blank. I recently got my first shipment of 2…(that is all they had) and have built them.

Without question I think this line of blanks is the best the industry offers today. St Croix has designed a blank that is built tough without adding weight. The new heavy action blank weights 6.2 ounces and offers the power of a heavy action blank with a softer tip. Almost comparable to Diamondback but stronger. There are many rod manufactures that add strength by adding material and lessoning the action which causes the rod not to bend. I have seen photos of the 4M86HF (sling blade) loaded with a bait and it is bent like a U. The difference with the Tournament IPC technology is that a standard rod blank has 3 bend points which make up the action. Those bend points also cause a stress point on the rod blank. IPC makes a new bend point every ½ inch or so which eliminates those three stress points.

If there is a downside to this blank it is the price but for the first time I believe a rod company has new technology which offers a strong blank without adding weight. I know you can spend as much on other rods and not get the same type quality. In my opinion they are worth the extra money. All the actions offered have a place in my boat.

I am not a pro staffer.

Merry Christmas.
Keith
kap
Posted 12/15/2008 6:26 PM (#349983 - in reply to #349949)
Subject: RE: My thoughts on 4M86HF (Sling Blade) St. Croix

how much will you need for that blank with Sic's?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)