Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tacklebooty SuperDs

Message Subject: Tacklebooty SuperDs
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 4/28/2008 1:57 PM (#315643 - in reply to #315126)
Subject: Re: Tacklebooty SuperDs

TackleBooty, hey the 8oz superD, is it about the same size as a Mag Dawg or is it a little bigger?
Tackle Industries
Posted 4/28/2008 2:33 PM (#315650 - in reply to #315126)

Slightly bigger in weight but similar in size. The body is just a little bigger and the tail is thicker too. Main differences are the double coil harness and terminal tackle used on the lure.
shep87
Posted 4/28/2008 2:42 PM (#315652 - in reply to #315650)

I have some of the big super d's and love them. You can rip or jerk them as hard as you want and the harness wont pull out.
tomcat
Posted 4/28/2008 2:54 PM (#315657 - in reply to #315126)

SHallow, shallow, shallow, shallow...T-Booty..make some shallow Super D's
Nupe
Posted 4/28/2008 3:35 PM (#315661 - in reply to #315126)

James,

Like Bytor and Matt, I would also be interested in a Shallow Super D model. Looks like, if you build them they will come, or rather, they will be sold. Hope to see that availability soon!

Madmanmusky
Posted 4/28/2008 3:37 PM (#315663 - in reply to #315657)

tomcat - 4/28/2008 2:54 PM

SHallow, shallow, shallow, shallow...T-Booty..make some shallow Super D's

And Pounder,Pounder,Pounder....T-booty..make some Pounder Super D's
DAR
Posted 4/28/2008 5:09 PM (#315675 - in reply to #315126)
Subject: RE: Tacklebooty SuperDs

I have about 50 of Tacklebooty's Super D's both old and new models.

I would love to see a "16oz" model as I thew the harnesses out of about a dozen of my pounders last year and I can't imagine that happening with TB's version.

Also, how about a version that we can attatch a blade to if you know what I'm referring to!!! I've been experimenting with your older version jimmy rigging my own way of attatching a spinner blade to where you had the top treble attached.

Thanks for the great baits!!
whit65
Posted 4/30/2008 8:51 AM (#315926 - in reply to #315675)

Another vote for a shallow model in the larger size. That's the one thing that I don't like about the SuperD - It's too heavy. I usually buy Shallow Mags and add bell sinkers to the head if I want them to go deeper. Love the pause that I get on a lift and drop if the bait's not too heavy, It seems the SuperD right now is too heavy and I don't get that sexy pause that I get with a Mag Dawg, even the regular weighted mag dawg. Might be something too about how the mag dawgs have a "Cupped" bottom. Sure do love the softness and durability of those super d's though!
Cowboyhannah
Posted 4/30/2008 9:13 AM (#315927 - in reply to #315126)

Pounder--Pounder--Pounder--Pounder!
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 5/1/2008 8:06 AM (#316118 - in reply to #315126)

Just got my first Super D in the mail. Looks great tacklebooty, love this celery/green tail color.
birchies
Posted 5/1/2008 11:42 AM (#316177 - in reply to #315126)

I would also like to see a shallow superD and a pounder version
asteffes
Posted 5/2/2008 11:29 AM (#316365 - in reply to #316177)

Rumor has it Tacklebooty is getting a lot of flack from "some" company who makes a similar product.

There are knock-offs of almost every lure out there. I for one am glad that someone can't take a monopoly on the market. Maybe people will start to make their prices more reasonable.

We all know we can make our own Double Cowgirls for less than half the cost as we can buy them in stores........With the economy these days I am all in favor of competition as it forces competitors to have competitive prices.

Can't wait for tacklebooty to get his new line of products on the market. I think a POUNDER and SHALLOW version are in the works as well as some other lures.
Matt Collins
Posted 5/2/2008 12:32 PM (#316378 - in reply to #316365)

Keep up the good work T-Booty!!
esox50
Posted 5/2/2008 1:19 PM (#316388 - in reply to #316365)

asteffes - 5/2/2008 11:29 AM

Rumor has it Tacklebooty is getting a lot of flack from "some" company who makes a similar product.

There are knock-offs of almost every lure out there. I for one am glad that someone can't take a monopoly on the market. Maybe people will start to make their prices more reasonable.

We all know we can make our own Double Cowgirls for less than half the cost as we can buy them in stores........With the economy these days I am all in favor of competition as it forces competitors to have competitive prices.

Amen!
bn
Posted 5/2/2008 1:25 PM (#316389 - in reply to #315126)

I'd like a pounder size in a shallow version!
make that bugger
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 5/2/2008 1:28 PM (#316390 - in reply to #316365)

asteffes - 5/2/2008 11:29 AM

Yeah, that's like being mad at Lungen for making their DC-10. The other company shouldn't make such shoddy products that fall apart and they wouldn't have to worry about it.
jdsplasher
Posted 5/2/2008 1:40 PM (#316391 - in reply to #316389)

I have been field testing another style of bull dawg the last year that is about to enter the market next year. The bait has 3 different weights to it. The one I love the most is the shallow runner. It sinks ever soooo slowly and is a thinner profile that is NOT as fat as the dawg. I call it Sharkie but the lure maker may call it something else. I will have the prototype in my Ranger for the Pewaukee WMT Tourney on the 17th of May. Your are welcome to see it. Just ask me or look in my boat!
Looks like Curly Sue has a shallow runner coming the end of May?

JIM

Edited by jdsplasher 5/2/2008 2:01 PM
Tackle Industries
Posted 5/2/2008 1:57 PM (#316395 - in reply to #315126)

Pounder size in a shallow version! That sounds like a winner! Maybe the pounder size but 8oz?

jim-Can't wait to see it! Let me know if you need any help finding equipment and stuff to make it with. I ahve done a lot of R&D on sparkles, flakes, USA suppliers, etc. More swimbaits on teh market the better Love the idea of a single lure wiht multi weight system too. Had similar ideas and know how to do it but the costs ran a littel higher than I wanted to go. Sounds like a cool lure... Good luck fishing it this year.

James
PS-Lure Craft has a lot of waht I am talking about for supplies and equipment.
bn
Posted 5/2/2008 1:59 PM (#316396 - in reply to #315126)

about the weight of a mag shallow dawg...maybe just a touch more but about that heavy would be sweet...nice slower sink rate for high over weeds etc...
I can see it now...booyah!
jdsplasher
Posted 5/2/2008 2:18 PM (#316401 - in reply to #316396)

Brad; I had this bait on the woods last year...and when I needed to move fish the bait showed me what it could do. I would let the lure sink slowly on slack line and the lure would do a 180 Degree turn. FREAKED ME OUT. I got the maker to go to a harder plastic, so interesting to see what the lure does this year.

James, We get our suplies it sounds like from the same Co. I pour creatures, and now my high school buddy is getting into the bigger plastics like dawgs and some other treats he is working on that I gave him some ideas for. Cant' wait!!!
JIM
jdsplasher
Posted 12/20/2008 6:29 PM (#350685 - in reply to #316401)

Here is a pic of a nice fat 43" I caught on the hellcat. And pic of the HELLCAT!!

Had a chance to field test this bait for 2 years. It is coming together. The hellcat has a cork in the shallow runner which can be run at a depth of 0-4'.

The weighted Hellcat has lead so you can reach a bit deeper depths, but can be run shallow or deep. But not alot of lead to make it fall fast. That is what I like about the bait, a slow fall. Along with the thinner profile, for better hookups.
Lets face it....alot of our fishing is done in less than 12, especially casting, and this bait seems to work great at those depths.

I know a few of the Hellcats were sold in the Rod Umlauf studio in Tomahawk. Try one this year. I think you will like.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DVC00171.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(178102879.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DVC00171.JPG (127KB - 76 downloads)
Attachments 178102879.jpg (13KB - 76 downloads)
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/20/2008 8:12 PM (#350694 - in reply to #350685)

Looking good Jim! That white one makes me think of a hammer head shark. Those look like they would have some good glide to them. Don't suck too much of that plastisol vapor in Nasty stuff!!!
jdsplasher
Posted 12/21/2008 9:44 AM (#350717 - in reply to #350694)

James; Yes, That is why I named it Sharkie....but the maker calls it a Hellcat.
I do NOT head up this project. My buddy from high school is a tool and die maker.
I just give him some input. I do not have to worry much about the vapors as I pour a few times yearly to supply myself with some custom jig and creature combo's. I use my garage on 50-60 degree days or a vented area in the basement. I might pour 4 times yearly!!!

Yes; this bait has great profile, glide and is very unigue. I've fished other plastics, but this bait is real easy to fish compared to other big plastics. Its like fishing wood, very easy for presentation purposes. Think this could be a GOOD ONE!

Going to test a couple of your Dominatrix lures this year.
JIM
Mr Musky
Posted 12/23/2008 10:47 PM (#351278 - in reply to #315126)

Judging by the thinner profile of the hellcat I dont think it would have near the water displacement that a Super D or Mag Dawg would have which is key triggering the lateral line in these fish. But it does explain why they are easier to fish. I personally will go for water displacement.

Mr Musky
jdsplasher
Posted 12/24/2008 8:06 AM (#351307 - in reply to #351278)

Mr Musky; Interesting observation. I guess if you want water displacement a DCG , large crank, or large spinnerbait would be the way to go.

IMO ,I believe water displacement is secondary fishing these large plastics. I would think that most situations that these large plastics are being fished is good water clarity...say 4-30 foot visibility. This type of presentation is more PROFILE or SIGHT feeding than water displacement. I would find it interesting to see how effective a large plastic bait is in poor visibilty, say 0 -3 foot. That is where water displacement is key. Then a slow crank or blade would be my choice.

My guess is guy's that night fish are using more high vibration lures rather than large plastic's. Can you catch fish on large plastics at night??? Most certainly!!! Will a large vibration bait work better at night??? I think so!!!

IMO, large plastics are more of a sight feeding lure than worrying about water displacement!!!
Give me more profile!!!

Edited by jdsplasher 12/25/2008 8:56 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)