Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> my lowrance

Message Subject: my lowrance
J.Spisak
Posted 9/13/2008 11:37 PM (#336025)
Subject: my lowrance

Hi Guys,

I have a Lowrance LMS 332 mounted on my console and it has been a great unit for the last 2+ years. But recently, it has been starting up on its own even when it has been turned off. Sometimes when it does this the screen starts blinking and won't stop until I unplug the power. I try turning it off via the off button but, despite this it comes back on. The problem occurs intermittently.
For what it is worth, this is my firs boat and my first lowrance, installed by the dealer about 3 years after purchase, so I am not sure what the problem is or what my next step(s) to take should be. Your thoughts and advice is much appreciated.
Thanks,

Joe
Southshore
Posted 9/14/2008 6:49 AM (#336036 - in reply to #336025)
Subject: RE: my lowrance

When mine started to do the same thing, the Lowrance techs said it was moisture. They told me to send it in and it would be replaced for a flat fee. I don't remember the cost but it was not cheap. I pulled it off the boat and kept it in the house for a couple days and it must have dried out. The unit no longer turned itself on and blinked by itself and the problem never reoccurred.
bn
Posted 9/14/2008 11:57 AM (#336063 - in reply to #336025)

one of mine (102c) did that a bit too and i think it was from moisture...I simply unplugged the power cord from the back of the unit for a couple weeks and it seems to have stopped
in Dave
Posted 9/14/2008 12:06 PM (#336066 - in reply to #336025)
Subject: Re: my lowrance

I was out this weeked and began having an issue with my 510c. I have it mounted in the front with a trollingmotor tranducer. When I would pull up the motor to move to the next spot and then re insert the motor it would not pick up the automatic depth. If I cnanged the depth to manual it would start working again. This is a first for me anyone else have this happen? Whats the fix?
bn
Posted 9/14/2008 12:18 PM (#336068 - in reply to #336025)

one of mine does that once in a while too..seems to me that if you put the tmotor back down in shallow water say under 8 feet it doesn't want to pick it up quickly..easiest thing to do is just turn unit off then back on again ...or turn it off before pulling motor out of water...
in Dave
Posted 9/14/2008 12:36 PM (#336069 - in reply to #336025)

Well it was in shallow water. Turning it off and back on didnt work for me though. I even turned the power off at a switch and not just the button. Thanks for the help
sworrall
Posted 9/14/2008 12:47 PM (#336073 - in reply to #336025)

'Lowrance/Abu technical questions' thread above. Look to that thread about how to acquire answers to your Lowrance issues, and we'll get you a response from the technical folks at the factory.
pat
Posted 9/14/2008 8:40 PM (#336143 - in reply to #336025)

my 332c also does the exact same thing u mentioned. Moisture makes sense as it shorts. Wasn't this made for a boat? why is it not more water resistant then. Mine sits behind a windshield and is always garage kept. sounds more like poor engineering than water damage to a marine product. replace it for a large fee? so the next unit can do the same i'm sure.
other than that problem great equipment
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)