Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Just curious?

Message Subject: Just curious?
Posted 9/13/2008 9:23 PM (#336017)
Subject: Just curious?

Just curious what most of your guys strikes per day of fishing is? Or if your like me how many days of fishing per strike?
jonnysled
Posted 9/13/2008 9:35 PM (#336019 - in reply to #336017)
Subject: Re: Just curious?

cought fish every time out this year and was never skunked ... the trick for me has been a jig and a leech
scp
Posted 9/14/2008 10:58 AM (#336056 - in reply to #336019)

For me:

1. typical outing: don't see a muskie
2. good outing: move a muskie, maybe catch an orbital bass/northern
3. bonus/awesome/great outing: catch a muskie, no matter the size

#3 is a rare occurrence

AFCHief
Posted 9/14/2008 6:28 PM (#336117 - in reply to #336017)
Subject: RE: Just curious?

My outings are discribed in thirds...
- Every third trip, I wont see any fish, scratch my head and wonder where they all went.
- Every third trip, I have a couple of follows or short strikes
- Every third outing I will actually put a fish or two in the boat.
Sawbones
Posted 9/14/2008 8:46 PM (#336146 - in reply to #336117)

AFCHief - 9/14/2008 6:28 PM My outings are discribed in thirds... - Every third trip, I wont see any fish, scratch my head and wonder where they all went. - Every third trip, I have a couple of follows or short strikes - Every third outing I will actually put a fish or two in the boat.
                                                                                                                                           I'd say that about sums it up for me too, though the first two thirds seem a lot bigger than the third third.
Almost-B-Good
Posted 9/14/2008 10:09 PM (#336157 - in reply to #336017)

So far just six days in this year on weekends in NE WI with three sub legal fish caught and no others seen or no probable musky hits. Pretty much different than normal because I would never have suspected sublegals where I fish from past experiences. Missed out on my normal Canadian vacation this year or I would have had another two weeks in already and maybe twenty more in the boat. Guess where you fish has an awful lot to do with how many you tangle with and what to expect, eh?
Cory Toker
Posted 9/15/2008 10:42 AM (#336226 - in reply to #336017)

Well this year is different then others. Might be just because experience gained is now paying off.

I have not caught fish every-time out but have at least seen 10 or more fish an outing with at least one strike. Have had 5 multiple fish days this year.
I do fish a big numbers lake though as lake of the woods is my home water.

Cory
kustomboy
Posted 9/15/2008 11:55 AM (#336240 - in reply to #336017)

My "home" lake is a fairly low numbers lake with a pea-green soup water from the middle of June on. For me I expect one shot at catching a muskie every time out. Sometimes that doesn't happen but I usually have one good chance at a strike for a 6-10 hour trip. Last week we didn't put any fishing in the boat but I lost a fish on the hook set and the other trip we had one miss a topwater. But I

Now, the other two lakes I fish are Vermilion and Mille Lacs. I have seen a few fish on the pond this year but can not get them to bite at all. On Vermillion we put 3 muskies in the boat and missed a few more and saw even more. Heck, on Rainy Lake (a lake I had never fished before) we put one in the boat (small) and saw three more (all small).

To sum it up... the amount of action you experience really probably has a lot to do with the lake you are fishing. So you may want to consider a different lake or really try to dial in the lake you are on. My home lake refused to give me a fish for two years (my wife had no problem catching them....) but this year has given up 6. It just took me a bit to learn where the fish hold on the lake compared to where you think they would be.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)