Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: From JonnySled as we are fishing a prime spot "that's how they paint it in the pictures".
- (Added by: agrimm)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Compressor problem

Message Subject: Compressor problem
Pikester
Posted 8/24/2008 10:32 AM (#333080)
Subject: Compressor problem

OK you repair guys, I have a problem I've not encountered before. It's a Clarke 1.5 hp, 1.5gal brad compressor. It's only 6months old but was NEVER drained so now I've got a really nice little portable airbrush compressor but the tank is full of rust & sludge! Is there anything I can spray up into the tank to clean the rust out & at least partially rust proof it? I was thinking half a can of WD40 but I don't want to create more problems by cleaning the tank out with something that will add more oil, etc. to my compressed air?
woodieb8
Posted 8/25/2008 6:03 AM (#333193 - in reply to #333080)
Subject: Re: Compressor problem

use the drain and let air blow out water. let dry a few days or repeat procedure. hopefully that helps you out. i drain my 60 gallon upright weekly and ue a water filter before my airbrushes.
Pikester
Posted 8/25/2008 7:19 PM (#333366 - in reply to #333080)
Subject: RE: Compressor problem

Ya I've already done the whole drain the tank & leave the valve open to air dry thing so maybe that's all I can really do? I do have a moisture seperator/filter to stick on the hose manifold which will then have a dessicant filter in-line before the hose so that will likely give me a supply of dry clean air to work with but I didn't want to deal with cleaning the moisture filter & replacing the dessicant filter continually which may now happen. Oh well, I guess there is a price to be paid for free stuff!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)