Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Fish! Fish! Fish! Dude get YOUR lure outta my way!!!!"
- (Added by: Muskie03)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> flashabou question

Message Subject: flashabou question
Stanaway
Posted 7/26/2008 11:19 PM (#328218)
Subject: flashabou question

Been wanting to make a few flashabou bucktails. Was going to order pre-tied but thought I'd give tying my own a shot. What I am wondering is approximately how many skirts can you get out of a package of flashabou? The package supposedly has 100's of 10" strips. Just wondering how many packages I should order. Thanks......
fish4life
Posted 7/27/2008 11:09 PM (#328352 - in reply to #328218)
Subject: Re: flashabou question

You can buy some flashabou from R&H that is 20" strips for 5.99$ or Moore's for the same price and that would make 1 lure of Double 10's !! I suggest you dont buy the 10" strips, buy the 20"strips!! Hope this helps! Tony
esoxfly
Posted 8/7/2008 7:14 PM (#330311 - in reply to #328218)
Subject: Re: flashabou question

I buy the 10" but that's because mine are going onto flies, and not lures. Water-laden flash actually seems to weigh more than the blades, so I go lighter on it than I originally did. I can get a fly or two out of a package, but I'm not dressing my flies as heavily as a DCG type lure.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)