Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Vibration...

Message Subject: Vibration...
CollegeMuskyHunter
Posted 8/11/2008 12:00 PM (#330834)
Subject: Vibration...

What gives off more vibration.... A fluted muskie/pike blade or a willowleaf blade? The reason I'm asking this is because I primarly make my bucktails with a willowleaf but they don't consistenly spin upon retrieval, why is that? So I may start to use the fluted blade....... Any and all thoughts...........
MACK
Posted 8/11/2008 2:07 PM (#330870 - in reply to #330834)
Subject: Re: Vibration...

Tough one to answer based on your description/question there.

All shapes of blades are offered in a "fluted" style. Whether that be a willow leaf, Indiana, Colorado, etc, etc.

The willow leaf blades will give off less vibration than say the Colorado based on it's shape if comparing two equivilant sized willow leaf to colorado, etc.

These can be in hammered style, fluted style, smooth, etc, etc.

If you're looking for more vibration...go with the Colorado blade over a willow leaf...no matter if it's fluted or not. The Colorado blades are known for their "thump."

If a blade isn't spinning upon retrieval...could be a clevis issue in regards to size of the clevis used on what size wire, etc.

You'll get all sorts of help in the basement builders section...
muskie! nut
Posted 8/11/2008 2:41 PM (#330881 - in reply to #330834)

On the don't spin issue, try placing a larger bead behind the clevis. If you look at Buchertails they have a huge brass bead on the shaft and that forces the blade outward and it able to spin, unlike a smaller bead that allows the willow blade to lay flat against the shaft and avoids spinning.
CollegeMuskyHunter
Posted 8/11/2008 2:49 PM (#330886 - in reply to #330834)

The fluted blade I am talking about would be the same as the hischer ghosttail or an inhaler, it looks like a wide willow leaf, but I'm not sure on the name of this blade, it might be the indiana blade not sure
PIKEMASTER
Posted 8/11/2008 5:45 PM (#330923 - in reply to #330834)
Subject: RE: Vibration...

if you want more vibration from a blade, go to PRO BASS and get some stick on lead weights and and add 1/2 of one to the blade edge and you will have mega vibration.
Tackle Industries
Posted 8/12/2008 8:20 AM (#331026 - in reply to #330834)

You can also flatten out the top of blades and this will help them vibrate more. Takes a little testing to get them right so try it on a few older bucktails you don't care for.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)