Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Cisco colors????

Message Subject: Cisco colors????
muskydeceiver
Posted 8/13/2008 11:15 PM (#331342)
Subject: Cisco colors????

I am looking at coming up to MN for some fishing later this year. More than likely I will be fishing for muskies gorging on ciscos. Being from the "south", I have never seen a cisco in real life. Pictures make them look silver or silver with black outlines on the scales. Lures with patters dubbed as cisco often have a blue back or powder blue sides, and the Mojo patterns have the Weagle cisco as all white and the Wabull cisco as dark silver scales backed with blue and purple. This leads to confusion on my part.

To make a long story short, what do these fish look like in real life?????????
50inchGrinch
Posted 8/13/2008 11:37 PM (#331345 - in reply to #331342)
Subject: Re: Cisco colors????

I've caught cisco with Blue, purple, or green backs faded on black. If you look from far away, the back appears black. But once up close one of those three colours will show through. Silver/white sides and belly. There body shape is like a bonefish.

Example is a black /silver Jake.

Darcy Cox

Edited by 50inchGrinch 8/13/2008 11:39 PM
Live2Fish
Posted 8/13/2008 11:47 PM (#331347 - in reply to #331342)

They are mostly silver with a darker dorsal area. At least the ones on the Three Lakes Chain are...
Tackle Industries
Posted 8/14/2008 6:38 AM (#331354 - in reply to #331342)

I try to make Cisco colored lures and I think I am up to about 6 or 7 different colors and not one looks like the other. I have downloaded about 100 pictures of Ciscos as color models too and they varry a lot. Best bet is to know the lake your fishing on and see if you can find a picture on Google Images by cross ref. Cisco with the "lake name". You might get lucky. Most are white/silver. Also look up Tullibee or white fish. IMO get base white with another color(blue/black/gray) and try and match the shape of the fish. IMO musky go after the shape before the color and pike will eat a beer can because they don't care ...

Tullibee
http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=Tullibee

Cisco
http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=cisco+fis...

Good luck!
James
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)