Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Silence - after setting the hooks into Wilson's admirer and only retrieving an empty quick-strike rig. Gary to Mike.
- (Added by: MuskyTaleMike)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Largest Bucktails Made :) "I am going big, I don't want to go home"

Message Subject: Largest Bucktails Made :) "I am going big, I don't want to go home"
SpinningLizard
Posted 4/30/2008 9:21 PM (#316063)
Subject: Largest Bucktails Made :) "I am going big, I don't want to go home"

Here is a few of the giant bucktails that I now sell and will be using:) I am still trying to get equipment that will handle them. I do have a Grandt Stealth rod that will easily handle these baits, now I am looking at a shimano Calcutta TE 700. I need to sell some more lures before I can afford that beast though:o The 31" lure is actually a jerk bait and has amazing action in the water, but holy crap is it a lot of work, but it will be worth it when something hits it. I also added a few more hooks and wired the worm, but don't have a current picture now. Wish me luck fishing and at the doctor's office:)

My favorite is my shad version and my black and gold, both of which I don't have pics yet. I also added my small ones that I plan to fish with.

Edited by SpinningLizard 4/30/2008 9:33 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(MuskieFirst Image.jpg)

(Lake Shak'r Bucktail Chart Skirt with extension 2.jpg)

(Lake Shak'r Jr Bucktail Fire Skirt with extension 2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MuskieFirst Image.jpg (27KB - 142 downloads)
Attachments Lake Shak'r Bucktail Chart Skirt with extension 2.jpg (71KB - 167 downloads)
Attachments Lake Shak'r Jr Bucktail Fire Skirt with extension 2.jpg (61KB - 161 downloads)
adudeuknow
Posted 5/4/2008 2:20 PM (#316650 - in reply to #316063)
Subject: Re: Largest Bucktails Made :) "I am going big, I don't want to go home"

wow, that is large and in charge and looking for chickies......
PHOutdoors
Posted 5/6/2008 6:52 AM (#316816 - in reply to #316063)
Subject: RE: Largest Bucktails Made :) "I am going big, I don't want to go home"

That perry cool. You will not have to go home with that.
SpinningLizard
Posted 5/6/2008 3:03 PM (#316895 - in reply to #316063)
Subject: Re: Largest Bucktails Made :) "I am going big, I don't want to go home"

I just spooled up my intermediate reel with Cortland 100# (Shimano 700B) and practiced casting 1 pound of lead sinkers in prep for my pool demos tomorrow in Fond du Lac, WI for the Winnebago Musky Club.

I have to save up a bit more for my 700TE that will be spooled with 130# Bronzeback and yes, I have a rod that easily casts the one pound of lead or my huge bucktails/pounder. I attached photos of my finished bucktail and my favorite looking shad style I just finished, and yes, that is a 450# custom double bearing leader in the picture:) Call me crazy, but I also plan to fish with the 30" giant jointed rapala this year too. I will have vids of it in the water soon. The regular style will be in the pool tomorrow:o

I also attached a picture of my rod, also very highly recommended.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by SpinningLizard 5/6/2008 3:18 PM

(Finished Worm Bucktail and Custom Shad small.jpg)

(Stealth Rod #1 small.jpg)

(Stealth Rod #7 small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Finished Worm Bucktail and Custom Shad small.jpg (92KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments Stealth Rod #1 small.jpg (89KB - 138 downloads)
Attachments Stealth Rod #7 small.jpg (98KB - 155 downloads)
esox50
Posted 5/7/2008 5:04 AM (#316986 - in reply to #316063)

Good modification to that giant bucktail in the top pic by adding those extra hooks.
adudeuknow
Posted 5/9/2008 4:51 AM (#317350 - in reply to #316063)

that's a hell of a custom rod you got there too.....i would love to look that thing over...sweet looking for sure!
snoekfisker
Posted 5/9/2008 6:30 AM (#317354 - in reply to #316063)
Subject: RE: Largest Bucktails Made :) "I am going big, I don't want to go home"

very nice man........very nice.

i have got also a larg spinnerbait.

the ernie is a litle ernie,the bait is 58cm long.......22""????

Photobucket
SpinningLizard
Posted 5/9/2008 12:47 PM (#317427 - in reply to #316063)

I didn't get a picture of my pool demo, but I built a bucktail that was about 45" (21 musky skirts) right there at the meeting, would have been bigger, but I ran out of extensions. I started with my giant lake shak'r with 6 extensions and the giant worm at the end. It worked perfectly just like I designed it too and it slowly sank perfectly level. It also looked great with a twitch retrieve since it had about 8 joints in the bucktail. Casting it was a bit of a chore:o

This Grandt rod is amazing, I was actually casting (in a full size holiday inn pool) the 2 pound bulldawg on my custom spinner arm with no problems (minus half the pool water flying out when it landed). Contact Jim Grandt at Grandt rods and tell him I (Josh Eastman from Custom Spinners) sent you for a custom Stealth rod and tell him I said to give you a deal if you are interested in one. He has many models, the most expensive being up near $800 with a custom carbon fiber grip set. These rods are so worth it, especially with an unconditional lifetime warranty/replacement.
Decatur
Posted 5/17/2008 9:34 AM (#318473 - in reply to #316063)

da dunt, da dunt, da da da da da da da da da dunt (theme from Jaws)

Edited by Decatur 5/17/2008 9:35 AM
SpinningLizard
Posted 7/18/2008 10:01 AM (#327135 - in reply to #316063)

I just heard back that a 49" Musky was caught on my bluegill colored Lake Shak'r Jr with an extension. I have been told about many follows, but this is the first fish that I have been told about, but I am sure their is more. I will be seeing the picture tomorrow when he gets a few more baits. It was also my customers first musky, so he is getting a replica and retiring the bait. Here is the giant fish catcher.

(Lake Shak'r Jr Bucktail Bluegill Skirt with extension.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Lake Shak'r Jr Bucktail Bluegill Skirt with extension.jpg (82KB - 133 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)