Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Weagle...

Message Subject: Weagle...
andracke
Posted 7/20/2008 5:30 PM (#327361)
Subject: Weagle...

I had ordered a Weagle a little bit ago but have not been on the water to try it yet. My question is does leader type make a difference? Normally I am use single strand wire with rotating snap swivel at the end. Will that wire in front of the bait cause it to work better or worse? Thoughts????????

Thanks for the help - Trying to get ready for my next trip.
ToddM
Posted 7/20/2008 9:36 PM (#327398 - in reply to #327361)
Subject: RE: Weagle...

That is the best leader to use for that bait. I use flouro alot but for walk the dog surface and glide baits, I use straight wire.
Ball Cap
Posted 7/21/2008 10:48 PM (#327573 - in reply to #327361)

I know the inventor of the Weagle uses fluoro, but I have been throwing them since he made me the prototype and I use a single strand wire.

I prefer the single strand wire for walk the dogs and glide baits.

Midge
marine_1
Posted 7/21/2008 11:15 PM (#327575 - in reply to #327573)

Ball Cap - 7/22/2008 6:48 AM

I know the inventor of the Weagle uses fluoro, but I have been throwing them since he made me the prototype and I use a single strand wire.

I prefer the single strand wire for walk the dogs and glide baits.

Midge

Midge good to see the Great Hugo Tornado missed you . . . I vote for single wire as well better snap for a better swoosh!
ChinWhiskers
Posted 7/21/2008 11:29 PM (#327576 - in reply to #327361)
Subject: Re: Weagle...

I just got a used Weagle off of eBay and repainted it and then, I hard wired it like the Eddie bait. The Eddie bait is similar to the weagle only weighted. If I dont't like the action I'll snip it off and snap or split ring on a leader, in any case I whould not use mono or fluorocarbon on this bait.
Bawber
Posted 7/22/2008 11:00 AM (#327623 - in reply to #327361)

174# single strand, NO swivel--use a solid ring, staylok snap or split ring, your choice. I use this weight of leader for all WTD baits, gliders or topwaters as it does not interfere with the action (no swivel, less weight & more 'pivot') and it keeps the leader out of the hooks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)