Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> New Swimbaits? (like bull dawgs)

Message Subject: New Swimbaits? (like bull dawgs)
RyanJoz
Posted 3/13/2008 4:58 PM (#307292)
Subject: New Swimbaits? (like bull dawgs)

Has anyone gotten their hands on the new SuperD's from Tacklebooty? I have seen some things online about them having triple split rings and a single rear hook. I have dial up internet at the house (home on spring break) so the web page would take about 45 minutes to load. Has anyone cast one? Are they heavier than Bull Dawgs? Also how loud are the rattles? Are the heavy split rings a good thing or will it cause you to lose more baits? Does the thick tail move in the water as well as the previous version?

Thanks,

Ryan Jozwiak
FishingFool
Posted 3/13/2008 6:37 PM (#307316 - in reply to #307292)
Subject: RE: New Swimbaits? (like bull dawgs)

Here is what I know.He now has a new version,different internal parts,more durable rubber. Looks simular to a Dawg,different head and eyes,hooks are about the same,single hook is on top.He has a vid where he tests a few... To my knowledge there are no rattles.the weights are 5 oz for the smaller and 8 oz for the mag. I have used the old version in the past,last year and i did get a few 40" fish on them.I have no compliants! I like his lures and Dawgs,I use them both...I will get some of his new ones. Hope I have helped,Paul
Tackle Industries
Posted 3/13/2008 11:37 PM (#307374 - in reply to #307292)
Subject: Re: New Swimbaits? (like bull dawgs)

Hey Ryan,
They are a little heavier than the Uptown Dawg but not much. I added the triple split rings due to many posts I found requesting the use of a triple split ring so in my world the customer is always right. THey do have rattles but they really are not that loud as the rubber muffles the sound but I am sure it can be heard under water. I plan on getting some video of them in a pool in the next week so you can see teh tail and the action when they are ripped through the water. I will PM you when I get it up. The biggest plus on my SuperD is the internal harness with coils. Keeps the body on the lure where it should be. If you watch that video on YouTube you will see it can really take a beating on my cement drive way and the body does not budge a bit. Thanks!
James

Edited by tacklebooty 3/16/2008 7:03 PM
RyanJoz
Posted 3/17/2008 11:11 PM (#308055 - in reply to #307292)

anyone used a new one yet?
Wigglin Billy
Posted 3/17/2008 11:25 PM (#308057 - in reply to #308055)

have not but if anyone is looking for a way to add a little somthing to there soft plastic. Get the thin bullet shaped metal worm rattles, heat them up, then insert them into where the tail meets the body. Ive found it adds that little extra to put more fish in the boat.
Tackle Industries
Posted 3/18/2008 5:58 AM (#308073 - in reply to #308057)

Wigglin Billy

I have done this with a Shack Attack lure. Works great! I got some of the Magnum Rattles from Stamina and was able to put them in the boot tail of a big Suzy Sucker. I can take a pictue if anyone cares. Looks kind of funny as it is a big rattle for the tail but I cleaned the hole with a little alcohol and used some epoxy and it is in tight. Every beat on that tail sends out a good rattle. Real loud too as the rattle is exposed in the water vs "under" rubber. This vs a rattle embeded would be a neat underwater experiment/video with sound to show the difference (or possibly not).

James
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)