Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> where are the muskies!!!!!!!

Message Subject: where are the muskies!!!!!!!
muskyman
Posted 2/9/2008 11:21 PM (#299948)
Subject: where are the muskies!!!!!!!

my lake has a max depth of 16ft in the center of the reservoir its only about 300 acres.it has tons of sunken trees off of the shore line among most of the reservoir and there are from what i remember quite a few weed beds near the shore as well.there are a few jetties with some decent drop-offs around a few of them.some of the jetties have docks that come off of them.im still searching for the muskies and i had bad success so for.so where should i fish in this reservoir???
if you have any questions im on this forum all the time so i will answer any questions.

thanx!!!!!!
muskyman
Posted 2/9/2008 11:23 PM (#299949 - in reply to #299948)
Subject: RE: where are the muskies!!!!!!!

and what lures are best for these conditions?i asume spinnerbaits,bucktails,and topwaters please correct me if im wrong.
stugots4u
Posted 2/10/2008 9:01 AM (#299962 - in reply to #299948)
Subject: Re: where are the muskies!!!!!!!

Look for the bait fish or perch in the sixteen feet. Alos look for the deep rocks or rock bars a t dusk!!!
curleytail
Posted 2/10/2008 9:06 AM (#299966 - in reply to #299948)
Subject: RE: where are the muskies!!!!!!!

In a lake that size, look everywhere. Depending on the time of year an water temperature, the panfish, walleyes, etc (baitfish) might be in shallow on the shoreline weeds. Later in the summer when the water heats up check the basin or drop offs near the weeds for suspended crappies and perch. Wherever you find a lot of fish activity, you will likely find muskies.

In general, match the bait you are using to the depth of the fish. In the weeds, bucktails/spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, topwater, etc. Out in the deep water, crankbaits, big soft plastics, and that type of thing. However, if you mark the baitfish riding fairly high, don't be afraid to use bucktails, jerkbaits, and that type of thing. Some people say they have even had luck throwing topwater out in the middle of the lake but I haven't really tried that yet.

curleytail
baldeaglefisherman
Posted 2/12/2008 7:38 AM (#300385 - in reply to #299948)
Subject: Re: where are the muskies!!!!!!!

Id ask people in that area who fish for muskies where to fish and what baits to use then use the info you get from them and here and combine them
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)