Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> New Book! 3rd Edition of A Compendium of Muskie Angling History

Message Subject: New Book! 3rd Edition of A Compendium of Muskie Angling History
sworrall
Posted 1/17/2008 4:27 PM (#294651)
Subject: New Book! 3rd Edition of A Compendium of Muskie Angling History

Volumes 1 and 2 are now available. This is a great read!

Read the release and Abstract:

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/01.17.2008/1286/Announcing...
Contact the author here to purchase the book:
www.larryramsell.com

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Compendium Volume I.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Compendium Volmume II.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Compendium Volume I.jpg (39KB - 134 downloads)
Attachments Compendium Volmume II.jpg (40KB - 152 downloads)
Steve Jonesi
Posted 1/19/2008 11:15 AM (#294976 - in reply to #294651)
Subject: Re: New Book! 3rd Edition of A Compendium of Muskie Angling History

Not to sound like a commercial, but I had the opportunity to fish with Larry this Fall and he gave me copies of his Compendium. There is so much information and so many pics of big fish, it's a must have. The stories are great too and give the reader insight into some of the more notable catches in Muskie History. It's 18 below outside right now so I may have to re-read a chapter or 2 today. Steve
Fin-Addict
Posted 1/19/2008 12:28 PM (#294989 - in reply to #294976)
Subject: Re: New Book! 3rd Edition of A Compendium of Muskie Angling History

Jonesi is surely right on this one folks, and like Steve, I hesitate to sound like a commercial, but.. Though I have yet to puruse the latest version of Mr. Ramsell's outstanding series of Compendiums, I own the last and find that I enjoy returning to it's enlightening, fact-filled pages time and time again. There is simply no other book like it and would certainly rate it in my TOP 5 Angling reads.

Often before hitting the hay while on the road, many evenings during "hardwater season", and almost always before speaking, a meeting or working a Show. It is SO full of topical, historical, anecdotal and first person accounts of fantastic Masquinongy encounters, coupled with photos and reports from across the entire span of history as regards Her Majesty; that when you open those pages, one can not help but feel a truer sense of our collective heritage, the mystery, the lore ... the "Stuff" that fuels our passion & love of both the fish... and the lifestyle we embrace in Her promotion, protection & avid pursuite.

This is a MUST READ, IMHO, for all Musky Hunters regardless your locale, age, or experience level. I can not wait to get my hands on this newest compilation. Give it just one peak, and bet you will see just what I mean.

Thanks again Mr. Ramsell,
Bob "the Fin-Addict" Osborne
Outdoor Writer-Pro Angler-Muskies Inc
West College Corner, IN
[email protected]

Fishing & the outdoors lifestyle is a living legacy... pass it on!

Edited by Fin-Addict 1/19/2008 12:31 PM
Jeremy
Posted 2/11/2008 12:15 PM (#300131 - in reply to #294651)
Subject: New Book! 3rd Edition of A Compendium of Muskie Angling History

Incredible! I picked up Larry Ramesell's new Compendium's at the show on saturday and haven't been able to put them down since. What a wealth of information on the history of musky fishing.

Hope I get finished soon, I need a nap.

Jeremy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)