Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> VIDEO!!! Rick Lax Reproductions Announce 2007 WINNER!!

Message Subject: VIDEO!!! Rick Lax Reproductions Announce 2007 WINNER!!
sworrall
Posted 1/12/2008 6:42 PM (#293675)
Subject: VIDEO!!! Rick Lax Reproductions Announce 2007 WINNER!!

Thanks again to Rick Lax! Thanks also to everyone who entered.

MUSKYBOY
Posted 1/12/2008 7:23 PM (#293684 - in reply to #293675)
Subject: Re: VIDEO!!! Rick Lax Reproductions Announce 2007 WINNER!!

Redchamp, Musky Nutz congratulations.

Steve
Reproduction Rick
Posted 1/12/2008 8:46 PM (#293697 - in reply to #293675)
Subject: RE: VIDEO!!! Rick Lax Reproductions Announce 2007 WINNER!!

Congratulations to both of you!! Rick will be returning to the studio on Monday at 8:00 a.m. so please give us a call so we can talk in person and get the specifics on your mounts.

Originally we planned on reproducing one replica; however, due to the overwhelming support from MuskieFirst as well as its users, we decided that since this was the second year of the contest we’d reproduce two replicas instead of just one.

Once again, congrats to both of you and we look forward to reproducing your trophy catches!!

Shannon Lax
Lax Reproductions
www.laxreproductions.com
Studio 715-547-3710
muskynightmare
Posted 1/12/2008 10:33 PM (#293708 - in reply to #293675)

Rick's work second to none. He and his crew's work is as close to realism as it gets, without smelling bad after a few days.

Congrats to Redchamp and Curt!!

Rick and Joe, nice to see you in video, I'll catch up with you guys at Milwaukee (I might bring a handle with me, lol)
sworrall
Posted 1/14/2008 12:54 AM (#293911 - in reply to #293675)

Unbelievably generous to donate TWO replicas this year! Thanks again to Lax Reproductions.
Vince Weirick
Posted 1/14/2008 6:58 AM (#293914 - in reply to #293675)

That is awesome...thanks to Lax Taxidermy!
big gun
Posted 1/14/2008 7:27 AM (#293918 - in reply to #293675)

Congrats to the winners. I know where I will be getting my replica done. It will be LAX and it will be because of this contest and the type of person Rick is to give away to mounts. BG
Steve Jonesi
Posted 1/14/2008 9:05 AM (#293933 - in reply to #293675)

I was fortunate to spend the weekend in Chicago with Rick, Joe, Eric and Ron. These guys are awesome! Rick has taken his replicas to the next level and had some amazing stuff on display. The product brings you in but it's the people that make you stay. I'm proud to call these guys "friends". See ya in Milwaukee and hope to have Joe in tow! Steve
Reproduction Rick
Posted 1/14/2008 9:10 PM (#294135 - in reply to #293933)

Thanks Steve!! I know for a fact that Rick, Ron, Eric and Joe appreciate the kind words (as well as all of the laughs) you all have had. I would venture to say that my brother, Joe, will be in Milwaukee. What so you say Joe??? He is "hooked!!" The sport of musky fishing in one you feel deep in your bones and is nearly impossible to shake. (Now if I could only catch a BIG one!!!) Ughh.........

Sounds like you all had a fantastic time at the show and it was a HUGE success for Lax Reproductions. Not only did we make two individuals who grace the MuskieFirst board very happy campers, but many others who showed up at our booth with photos in hand as well. The part that amazes me each year is the length of the reproductions that are ordered. I process every order taken at the show once Rick returns to the studio and it's a pleasure to see the lengths going up and up. Catch-and-release is the cause of that no doubt!!

We heard from Curt today and his reproduction is in process. One more to go and we get to start all over. Thanks to everyone who entered photos this year and we look forward to viewing your enteries for next season as well as possibly reprodcuing your trophy catch.

GO PACK!!!!

Shannon Lax
Lax Reproductions
www.laxreproductions.com
Studio 715-547-3710
Mikes Extreme
Posted 1/14/2008 9:15 PM (#294136 - in reply to #293933)

Top notch Repo's and service. Rick has taken every aspect of his buisness to the next level. He is always looking for ways to stay ahead of the rest. He is the GO TO replica guy!!!
Smokin Joe
Posted 1/15/2008 5:32 PM (#294260 - in reply to #293675)

Congrats to Redchamp and Ctmusky............Shannon, you are right, I am HOOKED, can't wait till opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I'll go to Milwaukee......Thanks Steve for being my cheuffer(sp), I didn't think two people could BS for 6 hours straight.........well, we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great show, met alot of people and had an AWESOME time..................
Tim Anderson
Posted 1/16/2008 7:34 AM (#294341 - in reply to #294260)

Congrats to the winners, and to all the staff at Lax Reproductions: you guys are a class outfit.

As a new guide attending the musky shows, I wanted a nice musky replica in my booth. I approached Rick and Shannon, and they were very gracious in working with me to get the job done. A beautiful 55 x 26 Mille Lacs monster boated in the fall of 2006 now adorns my booth, and travels with me where ever I go. It's kind of funny how I've got literally dozens of enlarged photos of big fish in my booth, but that replica gets almost all of the attention. The Lax brochures flow out of my booth about as fast as mine!

Now I've got a problem. The replicas that were here and there at the Chicago show......the ones in the coffee tables eating 15 inch crappies, and the ones on the motorized/spinning stand......well, I want one of each in my house. You know, being a bachelor sometimes has it's advantages!

Seriously, for those of you going to the upcoming musky shows in Milwaukee and Blaine, you gotta check these out.

Tim
http://www.bigfishhunt.com
Muskie-Addict
Posted 1/16/2008 9:10 AM (#294360 - in reply to #293675)

I think this is a really cool thing that LAX and M1 are doing.

Question and a humble suggestion:

1) Does the fish that's chosen have to be the one that's mounted? I don't know either of the two winners personally, but a friend of mine fishes with Curt somewhat regularly....so I know he's caught much bigger fish than the one he entered that won this contest. I guess what I'm saying is that if my winning fish was 45", but my PB was much larger, I'd rather have a repo done of my biggest fish....not the winning fish, if that was an option.

2) Any chance the '08 contest.....if there is one, could involve voting based on the photo or something? Lots of truly great photos out there submited for the contest. You could give folks two votes; one for themself if they choose to, and one for the best photo of a fish entered in the contest. That way everyone could vote for themselves....and also have a vote for the best photo.

Just thought it would be something different than two random drawings. One random winner, one best-photo-vote-getter winner.

Still a really cool contest and a great thing you've done. Definitely enjoyed paging through the photos. Again, just a thought.

-Eric
sworrall
Posted 1/16/2008 9:51 AM (#294365 - in reply to #293675)

We didn't anticipate giving two away, actually. Lax Reproductions was generous enough to at the last minute as a surprise offer to do two. Thanks again to Rick and Company!

The winner of the 2008 contest will be by random draw for a couple good reasons; we want EVERYONE who has a 45" fish or better to enter, even if the image isn't the best. We also want everyone to know they all have an equal chance to win without the subjectivity of 'best' or 'biggest'.
tiny mo
Posted 1/16/2008 5:33 PM (#294455 - in reply to #293675)

congrats to the two lucky guys that now will be able to hang one of ricks master pieces on the wall.......had a great time in chicago like normal and got to meet and spend time with one of the best guys a person could ever get to know and that is Steve Jonesi. cant wait for milwaukee. Tim anderson was nice to see you and was good to talk to you like normal..sure would love to catch one of those big sturgon... glad to see your coming over for the milwaukee show smokin joe.

eric

http://www.laxreproductions.com
http://wwwSteveJonesi.com
http://www.bigfishhunt.com
REDCHAMP
Posted 1/17/2008 12:46 AM (#294505 - in reply to #293675)

Holy Smokers!!!
Now that's some fantastic news.
I'd rather be lucky than good any day.
Thank you Rick Lax and thank you Muskie First. Great contest by a great website and from what I've seen, an even greater taxidermist.
The fish in the pic I subimitted is my best to date. It's sure going to look good on my (dead animal room) wall.
This has been a real lucky fish. This same pic is the one on the Muskie calendar for the month of July.

I also want to thank Rick Lax for the fantastic donation he made to our MI Chapter here in WA a few months ago. Chapter 57, NW Tiger Pac. We did not have a mounted musky anywhere to show or for educational purposes so when asked, Rick came through with a gorgeous 51" tiger.
Your generousity and your work is unequalled.
We display "Ol Toothy" at each Chapter meeting and it will be on display at our booth at the Western WA Sportsmans Show for 5 days the end of Jan 08.
Thanx again Rick and Muskie First.

Edited by REDCHAMP 1/17/2008 7:54 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(redchamptiger.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments redchamptiger.jpg (15KB - 404 downloads)
musky-skunk
Posted 1/17/2008 8:36 AM (#294530 - in reply to #293675)

Wow, that is super generous to donate TWO replicas!!! Man they are some of the most beautiful replicas a person could ever see, nice work Rick and congrats to this years winners!

Edited by musky-skunk 1/17/2008 8:38 AM
ctmusky
Posted 1/17/2008 12:03 PM (#294578 - in reply to #293675)

I was really surprised to hear that I won one of the mounts. What the Lax family has done for this sport is amazing. The mounts they create are some of the best I have seen anywhere. I thought Lax Reproductions were doing a lot when they donated one mount for Muskiefirst.com, and when I heard they are doing two I couldn't believe it (even better when I was the number two selected). Rick, thanks for everything you do and I look forward to meeting you again soon. Also wanted to thank MuskieFirst.com for a great website!!!.....Curt Fleener (ctmusky)

http://www.figrigrods.com
http://www.laxreproductions.com
http://www.curtfleener.com
http://www.h20tackle.com
http://www.beastteaser.com

Edited by ctmusky 1/17/2008 12:05 PM
RiverMan
Posted 1/17/2008 12:11 PM (#294583 - in reply to #293675)

Hey that is great Mark, congratulations!

Jed V.
Pointerpride102
Posted 1/17/2008 12:18 PM (#294589 - in reply to #293675)

Congrats guys.....finally got to watch the video due to internet problems! Thanks again to Rick for being apart of the M1st community and sponsoring this contest. I look forward to getting one of your replicas in the future, but for now I went with Packer tickets, so it might be a little while.
Smokin Joe
Posted 1/22/2008 5:29 PM (#295585 - in reply to #293675)

Hey Pointer, I bet now you wish you would have gotten a mount instead of those Packer tickets...........It was a great game, but the end result wasn't what I was hoping for...................
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)