Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> World Records Controversy

Frozen
Message Subject: World Records Controversy
CheeseHeadWaters
Posted 1/15/2008 10:45 AM (#294209)
Subject: World Records Controversy

Hello out there. I've been fishing Wisconsin waters since I was old enough to walk, but this is my first post here at MuskieFirst.

I'm particularly partial to my state's northern "Headwaters" region, and have many fond memories and experiences from up there. Just recently, however, I've become interested in the history of the musky sport, particularly after reading the Louis Spray semi-autobiography "Three Record Muskies in His Day," and then perusing the World Record Musky Alliance page.

Just wondering if there were any thoughts/opinions out there on the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame v. World Record Musky Alliance controversy pertaining to the Louis Spray 10/49 catch, and the Hall's review of the WRMA's DCM report.

Personally, the last thing I want to see is for long established records to be casually dismissed without conclusive proof, but that said, I have to admit that the DCM report had some convincing arguments for fraud. And after reading "Three Record Muskies," my overall impression of ol' Louis was that his character was something less than impeccable.

lambeau
Posted 1/15/2008 10:48 AM (#294212 - in reply to #294209)
Subject: Re: World Records Controversy

Welcome aboard! Along the menu bar at the top of this page is a "Search" option.
if you select that option, and do a search of "all posts" for this particular topic you should find a ton of discussion about the issues you are wondering about.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)