Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: With that, the fella pulled out his wallet and gave the Game Warden a valid fishing license. "Well, son," said the Game Warden, "you must be about as dumb as a box of rocks! You don't have to run from me if you have a valid license!"
- (Added by: FISHFINDER101)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> crankbait lip slots

Message Subject: crankbait lip slots
Aaron
Posted 1/22/2008 8:15 PM (#295643)
Subject: crankbait lip slots

Hi, I was looking for advice on the best way to cut the exact angle every time on a crankbait lip. I have trouble getting them straight sometimes and not tilted, and keeping the same angle. I figure a bansaw would be best but how can you cut the same angle without some kind of jig. ......Thanks Aaron
rjbass
Posted 1/22/2008 8:22 PM (#295648 - in reply to #295643)
Subject: RE: crankbait lip slots

Aaron,

If you have a 10" table saw the blade is 1/8" which is the thickness of most lexan lips on musky crankbaits. Make a jig out of a block of wood at the angle you want the lip to be, clamp your blank on the jig and run it through the saw. Perfect lip slots everytime.

Rod
Water Goat
Posted 1/23/2008 10:19 PM (#295935 - in reply to #295643)
Subject: Re: crankbait lip slots

I agree and also to get a deeper or shallower running bait just change the angle of your blade on your table saw. Watch your fingers though cant fish without em.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)