Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Off Shore O-R8 clips

Message Subject: Off Shore O-R8 clips
MuskieE
Posted 11/23/2007 6:39 AM (#285874)
Subject: Off Shore O-R8 clips

Are these OR-8 clips over kill for the offshore trolling boards?Im using the small red clips and they seam to be fine but I was thinking for really ruff water using the OR-8 clips.does andybody have experiance with them?
tuffy1
Posted 11/23/2007 9:27 PM (#285965 - in reply to #285874)
Subject: RE: Off Shore O-R8 clips

Are you talking about the OR 18? I didn't find an O-R8, but I might have missed it. If you are talking abou the 18's, they aren't overkill, and are easier to work with than the red releases. Just a flip up and they are off.
Chasin50
Posted 11/25/2007 6:01 PM (#286128 - in reply to #285874)

OR8's would prolly be overkill on the in-lines. I use the OR8's for releases on my planner board/mast setup. They work excellent for holding hard pulling baits off the planer line. They hold so hard, I have drug 5 pound walleye around for a while and not know it because they don't release.
Shep
Posted 11/26/2007 4:08 PM (#286306 - in reply to #286128)

OR-18's. I don't have them, but I know lots of walleye guys that have them. They are a bit easier to unclip if you fish with inexperienced trollers, and when it is cold out. Not overkill at all. I haven't found the need for them, yet. I still use the Red OR-16's, but if arthritis attacks the hands, I will probably go to them. I ain't there yet!
Reef Hawg
Posted 11/26/2007 8:52 PM (#286371 - in reply to #285874)

I used them and liked them but feel you can improve your boards without spending so much $$$. I use the plunger style clips(orange) that are made by Yellow bird on my off shores and yellow birds. Will probably use them on my Church boards too when those clips fail. I think they are 2 for about $7. The only issue is that they will pop loose where as the 18 has a mechanism to allow the board to slide down the line if prefferred(as I do). You'd have to put a snap in place of the rear clip if you use the plunger style and want them to 'slide'.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)