Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> reels for cowgirls

Message Subject: reels for cowgirls
rob.s
Posted 11/19/2007 9:49 PM (#285444 - in reply to #284619)
Subject: Re: reels for cowgirls

Kawartha kid, Glad to hear that you like the reel, I was a little aprehensive also. I was at the bait shop three times to check it out before I bought it. If you dont mind me asking, what legnth of rod are you using with you 700 ? I got my 700 on a St. Croix 7'6'', classic cat Mod Fast Action 50% glass, 50% graphite. I like the rod a lotl, I can cast baits with no problem, just wish it was longer.
kawartha kid
Posted 11/20/2007 11:36 AM (#285495 - in reply to #284619)

rob.s,the reel i just awsome i coul not be any more pleased!As for the rod of choice i ran a very similar rod in the premier 8' heavy power moderate action 50/50 glass graphite musky trolling rod which was first intoduced as the classic cat rod and years latter designated a new number and placed in the musky series due to the popularity with the musky folks.This rod worked and balanced very well with that reel but i am not quite sure if its the rod i am going to stay with.I am also going to give the premier xxxh a try with this reel next season to see which one feels better,i think the xxxh my be a little to heavy as a big buck tail rod but i am going to give it a try as i own one already.The only thing i dont like alot with the 50/50 is that i find the rod bowes to much during agresive figure eights with the big doubles but it casts like a dream.I fear that i will get the direct oppisite effect with the xxxh where it wont load up well for the cast but will be rock solid on the eight.The problums of musky life are so stressing!Just kidding,i love playing with tackle.Ill try to keep you in the loop as per which rod i find suits better but i wont have any feed back for like 6 months as my season here just closed on saturday so no mo muskies until june08,what a drag!Good luck on the water brother and take care out there!
rob.s
Posted 11/22/2007 11:09 AM (#285814 - in reply to #284619)

Kawartha kid, I got the same premier 8' 50/50, havent tried it, I have a cracked line guide that I havent got fixed yet. Probably have to check into getting a custom rod made to match up to the 700, I would like to get a 8'6" 50/50 with the same feel and balance identicle to my 7'6" 50/50. If thats possible.With my current setup, I have no problems casting tails as low as an 1 1/2 oz. Not familiar with the premier xxxh but definitely let me know how that works out for you, and what length your using. I hope your season ended on a high note and thanks again for the feed back.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)