Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> mini dv video

Message Subject: mini dv video
Reef Hawg
Posted 11/8/2007 10:47 PM (#283787)
Subject: mini dv video

Greetings. Another slightly off topic, topic here but here goes. I have been running mini dv video for a few years. I have a pile of these tapes with all of my great memories. My camera took a dump on me a couple months ago, and will be buying a new one tommorrow at Best Buy9just not sure which one yet...). I am starting to lean slightly towards buying a dvd recording type camcorder, just because I do very little editing(the main reason to stick with mini dv I am assuming...) and they just seem so convenient. My question here. Am I stupid for looking into a dvd type machine? If I do so, how can I get all of my old mini dv tapes converted to dvd form? I really don't want to send them in to some unknown av center. Lastly, if I go to another mini dv unit for all of my hunting/fishing/family video I still have the same issue. I'll want to make dvd's of all of my tapes. Can I simply plug my new mini dv player into my computer and record to dvd? Sorry for the off Musky topic, but I know there are alot of video techies here.
sworrall
Posted 11/8/2007 10:53 PM (#283788 - in reply to #283787)
Subject: RE: mini dv video

Best to use a program like Final Cut or Windows Movie Maker to encode and burn the videos to CD/DVD or store them on a hard drive. You will need a machine to play/ download the Mini DV video, so I'd look at another Mini DV machine in my opinion. Look here:

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Camcorders/875/cat.html

I have 3 Mini DV cameras. Love 'em.
Reef Hawg
Posted 11/9/2007 6:01 AM (#283798 - in reply to #283787)
Subject: RE: mini dv video

Thank you, I guess I'll look more seriously into another mini dv. Really liked my first one(Sony) save for the cheesy touch screen that failed in short order.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)