Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Jon Boat: Rigging Suggestions

Reply New post
Message Subject: Jon Boat: Rigging Suggestions
esox50
Posted 1/20/2008 9:46 PM (#295223)
Subject: Jon Boat: Rigging Suggestions

Guys that run boats on small lakes, rivers, etc. Looking for suggestions on rigging jon boats.

1) Make/model
2) Motors
3) Electronics
4) Extras

Without adding carpet and other extras, I'm leaning toward something like a 1448 Alumacraft with no middle bench seat, 70 pound Powerdrive, and some kind of electronic unit (maybe a 510C or possibly something smaller). Is the 70 pound too much, since it requires a 24V system? Cabelas runs a nice motor/sonar combo. Anyway, this won't be for another year but it's a fun way to kill the time. Thanks, guys!
sworrall
Posted 1/20/2008 9:50 PM (#295224 - in reply to #295223)
Subject: Re: Jon Boat: Rigging Suggestions

Look at the War Eagle, heck of a jon boat in quite a few interiors.
mikie
Posted 1/22/2008 6:31 AM (#295444 - in reply to #295223)
Subject: Re: Jon Boat: Rigging Suggestions

Especially if you're gonna run rivers, you'll like all the thrust your troller can get in the currents. Neat thing about Jon boats, you have a lot of set up options, just depends on what you want it to do. I put an extra tall drivers seat at the tiller in mine to see the riffles better - pics on this site a ways back. m
woody
Posted 1/22/2008 10:02 AM (#295459 - in reply to #295223)
Subject: RE: Jon Boat: Rigging Suggestions

A 55lbs Powerdrive should be more than enough. I run a 1650AWT Alumacraft with a 40 lbs Powerdrive on all the local rivers and have never needed more. The jon boats just don't catch that much current for a second battery to be necessary.

If you go with the 1448, especially in the all welded, you'll have an indestructable boat you'll love.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)