Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Send Some Mojo Out West

Message Subject: Send Some Mojo Out West
MuskyHopeful
Posted 10/23/2007 10:33 PM (#281014)
Subject: Send Some Mojo Out West

I have a very good friend that lives northeast of San Diego back in the canyons where the wild fires are currently raging. He's one of the guys that came from CA last year to fish with me on Eagle.

As of about 3:30 this afternoon our time, I had him on the phone. His neighborhood had been evacuated. He, however, had sneaked back in and was sitting on the roof of his outbuilding watching the smoke billowing out of canyons to the east and north of him. He was not seeing fire at the time, but he was not too confident that his property was going to survive. From looking at some maps of the fire, I'm not sure when they were updated, the blaze was only about two miles from his house.

I haven't heard anything from him, but I'm assuming he had the brains to get the hell out of there in plenty of time. With the winds they have blowing, it's obvious these flames move very quickly.

So send a little positive mojo to not just my buddy, but everybody out in the middle of this burning mess.

Kevin
Pointerpride102
Posted 10/23/2007 10:44 PM (#281016 - in reply to #281014)
Subject: Re: Send Some Mojo Out West

I hope for the best for your buddy an all the San Dieagon's.....wild fires are really devistating, got to see some first hand this summer, they are amazing but destructive. Also send some Mojo to those fighting the fires, now thats a tough job!
MuskyHopeful
Posted 10/23/2007 11:04 PM (#281018 - in reply to #281016)
Subject: Re: Send Some Mojo Out West

Well, the better half has been on line tracking down where the fires and evacuation areas are in relation to my friend's house. As of 7:00 pm Central, the mandatory evacuation has been canceled for his neighborhood, however, we have read posts on a message board saying the National Guard was not letting residents back to their homes. The main road leading to his subdivision was blocked by Humvees.

Apparently, the fires must have stayed on the other side of the hills to the east of him. I hope it stays that way.

Kevin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)