Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> ? on suzy sucker

Message Subject: ? on suzy sucker
Don Pfeiffer
Posted 10/17/2007 10:07 PM (#280030)
Subject: ? on suzy sucker

I have one of the large ones and to be frank I am disappointed especially for a bait that cost an arm and a leg. The tail action just does not get going at all. Very little wiggle to it and to get that I have to be cranking the hell out of it. Is it just the one I have or others have same trouble?

Pfeiff
AWH
Posted 10/17/2007 10:23 PM (#280034 - in reply to #280030)
Subject: Re: ? on suzy sucker

I would contact Andy with Shack Attack. He'll take care of you. It's not meant to be worked super slow. This is the only thing that I can think of that would result in the kind of action you're seeing in the bait. A medium to faster paced retrieve should really make it come to life. Check out the following video clip to see what it should look like in the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgwFE8Zh78c

Aaron
muskynightmare
Posted 10/17/2007 10:56 PM (#280042 - in reply to #280030)

Don,
Sorry to hear of your lack of satisfaction with any of Andy's baits. I have had great success with his baits this year.

It does take a little more speed to get the paddle tail moving than, let's say, a dawg, but it will not corkscrew at speed.

Andy is a stand-up guy, who wants no one dis-satisfied in his product. Every MFG has a defect now and again. Do not this one bait disuade you from his line becoming one of your favs.
MuskyStalker
Posted 10/17/2007 11:06 PM (#280046 - in reply to #280030)

Don, I will let Andy know of your issue. I know he changed the formula of plastic to be softer but tougher. The 13" I have swims only at higher speeds, but the new 11" has awesome, body shaking thump at all speeds. Andy has a new hook rigging system too.
Matt
Posted 10/18/2007 7:22 AM (#280062 - in reply to #280030)
Subject: RE: ? on suzy sucker

I've got a couple like that too. I'm trying to get curly sue replacement tails and cut the paddle off and weld one of those on.
Steve Jonesi
Posted 10/18/2007 7:53 AM (#280066 - in reply to #280030)

Here's a tip that may help. Cut a small notch in the tail before the paddle. We used to do this on our shad baits fishin' the rivers for Warreyes. Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)