Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "as busy as a set of jumper cables at a West Virginia family reunion"! Mikie
- (Added by: ESOX Maniac)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> MI's Chapter 9 gets State Conservation Award

Message Subject: MI's Chapter 9 gets State Conservation Award
mikie
Posted 10/1/2007 6:54 PM (#277542)
Subject: MI's Chapter 9 gets State Conservation Award

I just found out my Muskies Inc chapter in West Virginia has won a statewide conservation award. It is well-deserved, folks in this chapter do an awful lot of work with DNR and other organizations, my hat's off to Jim Moore, chapter president, and hte good people of Chapter 9. m

Here's the announcement:

Members,

It is my great pleasure to announce to you that WV Chapter 09 of Muskies, Inc. has won the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources "West Virginia Conservation Organization of the Year" Award for 2007. We were presented this award last weekend at the awards ceremony following the DNR Hunting and Fishing Days Celebration at Stonewall Jackson Lake by Frank Jezioro, Director of the DNR.

Our chapter was recognized for our committment towards DNR projects which included stocking and tracking projects, habitat plantings, Woodrum Lake restoration, purchases and manpower supplied over the years. Also announced was our work with young people at the various Fishing Derby's, the recent WTF JAKES Day we participated in, and things such as the Kiosk we just completed at North Bend Lake as well as boat access maintainance we did in the past. Our annual Roundtable Discussions with DNR representatives are unique within WV clubs and has allowed us a forum to present our ideas and suggestions to DNR in a positive manner.

As lots of members have participated in the various club activities, we can all take pride in this accomplishment and the recognition that goes with it. We were selected over a host of other noteworthy organizations this year and I feel it was well deserved.

I've forwarded a couple of pictures of the plaque presented and the group who happened to be working our booth at the show and onhand to receive the surprise presentation that evening.

Jim Moore, President
Derrys
Posted 10/2/2007 9:47 PM (#277813 - in reply to #277542)
Subject: Re: MI's Chapter 9 gets State Conservation Award

Great job Chapter 09. Jim and his Chapter go above and beyond the status quo and accomplish a lot. Maybe we'll be reading more about Chapter stuff like this in Muskie magazine soon, as I think this is the kind of story the new editor would like to feature more. Congratulations guys.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)