Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Sugar Lake (MN)

Message Subject: Sugar Lake (MN)
MNSteveH
Posted 9/12/2007 10:08 PM (#274600)
Subject: Sugar Lake (MN)

My daughter just started college near St Cloud and since I'll be driving up from the Twin Cities once and a while I might take some extra time to try out Sugar Lake. My first chance is on Friday.

I've got the MN Sportsman's map/info. Looks like it's a deep clear lake so I'm thinking I'd approach it much the same way I fish White Bear. I'm not expecting secret spots, but any help somebody could give me would be appreciated and I'll return the favor with anything I discover.

[email protected]
happy hooker
Posted 9/13/2007 8:49 AM (#274650 - in reply to #274600)
Subject: RE: Sugar Lake (MN)

fri might be ok,,,,but last year we pulled up to the boat launch's (2) around this time last year and it was actually 'packed' with muskie guys we talked to a guy we knew just pulling his boat out who said 'weekends are like this",,,we left for tonka fast,,,,,,they need more water stocked in wright ,meeker stearns.
clint
Posted 9/13/2007 9:37 PM (#274815 - in reply to #274600)

Sugar is tough, but here are a few ideas if you land at the county rd 24 landing, fish the left side with rushes, all the way up to the end, make the right turn and fish that shoreline. shoot for the 10 12 foot range throwng to shallow.On the other end of the lake, by the other access, that whole bay has its spots, just find the weeds. If you have a lake map, look for the midlake humps as well. I am not a troller but guys do have success there. My friend caught a 32 a 42 and 38 there in the last week. So they are moving. good luck and I would be happy to answer any other questions. Oh, and it is heavily fished, let's say the fish are a bit schooled. If you can fish at night, do it! clint
tfootstalker
Posted 9/14/2007 4:59 PM (#275001 - in reply to #274600)

I heard rumors the lake winterkilled.
clint
Posted 9/14/2007 10:06 PM (#275027 - in reply to #275001)

did not hear that one. I was on sugar tonight. my son had a middle 40's follow,I had one hit the lure right after the lure hit the water. I missed it. my hookset sucked! clint
Marc J
Posted 9/18/2007 8:23 AM (#275446 - in reply to #275027)

i didn't hear anything about a winterkill - spring netting results out there were pretty positive and we've had some decent luck out there so far.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)