Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "GOLDEN GET OFF THE PHONE!!!!" Running_Hot (just before throwing a danish at me on the boat)
- (Added by: Slamr)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Anyone know where the Falshabou for COWGIRLS comes from?

Message Subject: Anyone know where the Falshabou for COWGIRLS comes from?
Grunt Lures
Posted 4/10/2007 11:13 AM (#249960)
Subject: Anyone know where the Falshabou for COWGIRLS comes from?

Anyone know where the Falshabou for Cowgirls comes from? Looking for the supplier or wholesaler. I know where I can get some fo this from but it has changed hands a few times and thus the cost is higher. Looking for the original supplier. Please post or PM me if you know. Got a few projects and that material (cut a little differently) would be perfect fo these lures.

Thanks!
James

http://www.muskymayhemtackle.com/Cowgirl.htm

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(cowgirlsgroupfinal.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cowgirlsgroupfinal.jpg (24KB - 98 downloads)
DragginHook
Posted 4/10/2007 11:23 AM (#249963 - in reply to #249960)
Subject: RE: Anyone know where the Falshabou for COWGIRLS comes from?

James;

Try "www.hedroninc.com", they're located in Minnesota and can ship you a catalog to order from. I don't know if you'll be able to get that same size used on the COWGIRLS, but they have a great selection. I've heard that the size used on the COWGIRLS is custom for them. I prefer the saltwater version myself, but there are many options.

Good Luck
J Nail
Posted 4/10/2007 4:38 PM (#250022 - in reply to #249960)
Subject: Re: Anyone know where the Falshabou for COWGIRLS comes from?

Grunt, Draggin is correct. It is the saltwater holographic flashabou made by hedron inc. They have bulk, but if you don't have your 637 exemption letter, they won't sell it directly to you. I Just had the tax lady out this morning so i can get mine. Funny, they sent a lady from grand forks ( about 3 hrs. away) to inspect my "place of business"
kevin cochran
Posted 4/10/2007 10:09 PM (#250072 - in reply to #249960)

J Nail, is your tax lady Naomi? If so she is coming to my house in the morning. Funny!
Grunt Lures
Posted 4/10/2007 11:07 PM (#250079 - in reply to #249960)

Why the "exemption letter"? When I filled my IRS form 637 out that was for the FET number so I could file my 10% quarterly taxes on sales. Just curious.
James
kevin cochran
Posted 4/11/2007 9:02 AM (#250115 - in reply to #249960)

The flashabou on the DCG's are 1/32 size that comes in a roll from Hedron.
Brad
Posted 4/11/2007 9:57 AM (#250128 - in reply to #249960)

Naomi was my agent. Nice lady, had some good info on different ways to figure FET.
Grunt Lures
Posted 4/11/2007 10:32 AM (#250135 - in reply to #249960)

Brad,

What were her suggestions on figuring out FET? PM if needed. I have my way but it may not be the best for me from a financial point of view (my view!) I error on the side of "safe" for audit reasons.

James

Edited by Grunt Lures 4/11/2007 10:34 AM
J Nail
Posted 4/11/2007 12:47 PM (#250162 - in reply to #250135)

What she explained to me was if you are selling RETAIL you are allowed a 40% margin. so You only have to pay 10% on 60% of the final selling price. IF you are selling WHOLESALE, you have to pay 10% of the selling price to the wholesale customer. If that doesn't make sence, she did write out a nice sheet with equations on it, so I email something to make it clearer.

yup, Naomi was my tax lady. very nice, very helpful. not what I expected from the irs.

When I contacted hedron about buying bulk, they wanted an actual copy of the letter that the irs sends out saying that you were given the 637 number. Myabe they only need the number, and were just trying to scare off non-legit businesses, I don't know.
esox50
Posted 8/3/2007 11:08 AM (#268449 - in reply to #249960)

So I've become interested in building my own DCG-like bucktails to keep me occupied when I'm not fishing. I see Kevin says the material is 1/32 and that J Nail says its the saltwater flashabou which would make it 1/16. I guess my question is are there pros and cons to using either size? I'm looking at a Gerry Kid and the flashabou is much thinner than the DCG's sitting next to it. Is it wise to use thinner material on smaller baits (7-8") and larger material on the bigger 'tails?

Thanks!!
Grunt Lures
Posted 8/3/2007 11:16 AM (#268450 - in reply to #249960)

The thicker/heavier material will give the lure more body and tangle less. The thinner less heavy material tangles some (depending on brand) but will give a slightly better bulge effect.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)