Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If at first you don't succeed, deny you ever tried.
- (Added by: tuffy1)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Glow in the dark flashabou

Message Subject: Glow in the dark flashabou
Grunt Lures
Posted 7/15/2007 12:42 PM (#265354)
Subject: Glow in the dark flashabou

Anyone using glow in the dark flashabou for spinner baits or big bucktails? Was thinking of putting a line out but I have not seen very many lures use the glow in the dark material. Since it has been around for a while I would think manufacturers are NOT using it due to lack of sales. Anyone have opinions or past sales success or failure??

Thanks,
James
Beaver
Posted 7/15/2007 7:23 PM (#265378 - in reply to #265354)
Subject: RE: Glow in the dark flashabou

I made a couple 10" gliders with glow prism tape, and most guys said that they had negative effects in the dark when fishing glow lures for muskies. I thought it would be nice to see the lure, but apparently the muskies disagree.
Good thing is the glow tape is "Cracked Ice" pattern and looks good in the light too.
Grunt Lures
Posted 7/15/2007 7:58 PM (#265381 - in reply to #265354)
Subject: Re: Glow in the dark flashabou

Thanks Beaver. I have actually had luck with a glow Bulldawg last year at night. Never owned a bucktail though. It was nice to see it come in too.
semper esox
Posted 7/15/2007 8:29 PM (#265385 - in reply to #265381)

rollie&helens produces baits using glow flashabou
lonetree
Posted 7/16/2007 9:01 AM (#265443 - in reply to #265354)

I just made a double skirt with the glow flashabou but have not had a chance to try it yet. Headed to Canada on the 27th, so will try it up there. It has 2 #8 Glow Colorado Bladed with glow orange inthe 1st skirt over glow white in the second skirt. It looks like it would work during daylight hours too. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will.
Grunt Lures
Posted 7/16/2007 5:20 PM (#265550 - in reply to #265354)

lonetree,

If I make any I will throw in some flashabou for daytime use too. All the crap to make these just takes a long time to get. lol The wife is about to tell me no more!

James
lonetree
Posted 7/17/2007 9:54 AM (#265662 - in reply to #265354)

James, FYI, I have been getting all of my flashabou at Jann's Netcraft. They have the best price & selection that I have found.
Grunt Lures
Posted 7/17/2007 3:18 PM (#265746 - in reply to #265354)

I got a full set from Hedron. Good stuff but, you have to take the 150 strand hanks and 3x or 4x them up to get the bulk needed. At that point it costs you a lot on a per/lure or big bucktail or spinner bait. I ahve yet to price out Jann's but plan to. I need to call them to see if they have a wholesale discount too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)