Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??
 
Message Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??

Posted 3/30/2002 11:42 PM (#6697)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??


I just got mine yesterday, and was all excited about putting them on my boat, and the cord for the foot pad is only about four feet long. I need a longer cord to run the motor from the back of the boat when guiding. Does anyone know if there is an extension for that cord? It is like the Pinpoint motors how you have a cord coming out of the motor head itself, and one out of the footpad, and you connect those together, so there should be no reason not to have extensions. PLEASE HELP ME,

Chad Cain

Posted 3/31/2002 12:47 AM (#27928)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??


Hey "ToughMan",
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Check out www.boatsunlimitedny.com
they list acessories/options for the Excel. There is an extension for the foot pedal, but I don't know if it would be long enough to run to the back of the boat.
have you seen the LazerII RF/ES pedal??? It's "wireless".
Pretty cool...

Posted 3/31/2002 7:07 AM (#27929)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??


I own three of those piece of crap Lazers that break down on me constantly. That is why I am switching to new motors. I have had nothing but problems with the Lazer II's RF and ES.

Chad

Posted 3/31/2002 2:13 PM (#27930)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??



----------------
On 3/31/2002 7:07:56 AM

I own three of those piece of crap Lazers that break down on me constantly. That is why I am switching to new motors. I have had nothing but problems with the Lazer II's RF and ES.

Chad
----------------

THEY SUCK! GOT IT[;)]
KAREN
P.S. 4 MORE DAYS........[:bigsmile:]

Posted 3/31/2002 4:20 PM (#27931)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??


Ive got an auto pilot, and the cord is plenty long enough.Minnkota rule.

good luck with that motorguide ,you'll need it.I had one ,it only lasted a little over 2 yrs.

mike[:knockout:]

Posted 3/31/2002 4:41 PM (#27932)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??



----------------
On 3/31/2002 4:20:56 PM

Ive got an auto pilot, and the cord is plenty long enough.Minnkota rule.

good luck with that motorguide ,you'll need it.I had one ,it only lasted a little over 2 yrs.

mike[:knockout:]
----------------

I second that!!
I've got the "Auto Pilot" and it is an excellent trolling motor!! Minn Kota Rules!![;)]

Posted 3/31/2002 7:57 PM (#27933)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??


Sorry guys, but Minn Kota doesn't make an auto pilot with more than 65 pounds of thrust, and I need more. These excels have 109 pounds of thrust, and are 36 volt. That is for four to five foot waves and a Ranger 620 to pull in it. No Minn Kota is going to do the job that I can run from the back!!

Chad

Posted 4/1/2002 10:48 AM (#27934)
Subject: Anyone using the Motorguide Excels??


Chad,

MotorGuide does make an extension cable for this motor. I believe it is 16'. $29.99 at Cabelas. FYI

Tight lines,

Shep[:sun:]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)