Muskie Discussion Forums
| ||
| Moderators: Slamr | View previous thread :: View next thread |
| Jump to page : 1 Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page] Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> waterproof/digital camera |
| Message Subject: waterproof/digital camera | |||
| |||
| Need to get a digital, was wondering if there is a waterproof one out there. If not, what type of digital do you use! | |||
| |||
| MF, I have a Sony that also takes 15 second mpeg movies. You can get them somewhat cheap $300 or so on ubid.com. They also make a waterproof case that you can buy seperate that surround the camera but still allows you to take pictures. | |||
| |||
| I have a sony mavica and it takes great pics.Since it uses a disk take more pictures from different angles and make sure you adjust the flash as the digitals seem to pick up more light.All of the pics from the last 2 years on my website are digital.[ www.anglingadv.com] I store it in a plastic bag in a dry bag in dry storage. Last camera got soaked.[ and no longer works ] Herb | |||
| |||
| Thanks for the info guy's! Steve what model do you have? Come on I know that there are more of you out there with digital camera's!!!![:((] Any info would be greatly appreciated, my girlfriend said she would buy me one for my birthday, gotta start looking!!!!!![:bigsmile:] | |||
| |||
| Gee dude if that be the case then find the most expensive one out there...take her to Taco Bell to show her how much you care![;)] I need to get one meself but I don't use the ones I have along w/ a video camera + other stuff I have + never use...a lawn mower, assorted tools etc...when the house falls apart, we'll just move again....today she gave me the WORD....I told her my life is a wreck + that we should move where I can work in the fishing industry etc.....she said to let her know + she would follow! Sorry I couldn't help you w/ the camera....had to VENT<><><><><>[:sun:] | |||
| |||
| Ralph: The first question you want to ask yourself is how are you going to be using the camera, such as emailing pictures, printing photos on 5x7, 8x10 etc. The next question you should ask is how much do you want to spend. If you want to print high quality pictures at 8x10, then you will need to get a 3 megapixel camera or higher. If you want to print 5x7 you can get by with a 2 megapixel camera, anything below a 2 is poor quality for todays standards. The Sony cameras were neat about 3 years ago because you can store them on a floppy, but the sacrifice is poor picture quality because in order to get th e pictures on a floppy, Sony had to compress the files so much, that the quality of the picture suffers. I have had a Sony and they are nice, but you need to understand the tradeoffs. I have had a Sony, Fuji, Olympus, Toshiba and Canon cameras and the top 2 for quality, features and price are Olympus and Canon. If you want more info, email me at [email protected] and I can give you some more info. Good luck. Greg I personally have the Olympus 4040, 4.1 megapixel camera now and it's fantastic. | |||
| |||
| Ralph, Maybe I can help you out on this one because I used to work at an electronics store. I would definately not suggest the Mavica because you are not going to get the picture quality on a 3.5" floppy. They do have new mavica's that are out with CD's that burn which are great but they are really expensive to have so close to water. Another thing you want to consider is that the LCD screen is not going to show in sunlight so you will have to use the eyepiece. Most digital cameras have an eyepiece that only give you an idea or estimate of what the picture is going to look like which is a little risky on a good fish. You would want a camera with an actual viewfinder eyepiece. What this means is that what you are viewing through the eyepiece is exactly what you would be viewing through the LCD. So when you take the picture and it gives you a freeze frame of the actual picture you will see it through the eyepiece and be confident you got a good picture. The best camera that I would suggest for the money would be the Olympus C700. It's a 2.1megapixel which means you will be able to print up to a 5X7 in good quality, it has a large zoom and is actually the smallest camera with a zoom that large and also has a really good quality lens. In comparison to something like a Sony, I would say that a 2.1 megapixel Olympus take a 10 times better picture than a 2.1 megapixel Sony. I have had a chance to work with all of them, and don't have a bias against one. The C700 actually just lowered in price to $499. That eyepiece feature is worth it's weight in gold. Another thing is that you MUST MUST MUST upgrade the size of your memory card. The higher quality of the picture, the more memory it takes up on your card. Don't limit yourself to a couple of pictures, a 64MB card is almost a must. -Phil Cali if you have any other questions e-mail me at [email protected] | |||
| |||
| I have a Konica that is a great camera for the web, and for printing out quality photos, too. Coupled with an Epson 700 Photo printer, I get excellent results. For publishing on the web, I use the economy setting, as the computer monitors that most of us have will not be any better than that picture quality, anyway, and the file size is easy to upoad. MuskieFIRST just bought a Samsung for the laptop. I am still learning what it will do. It is a 2.1 megapixel, and seems pretty easy to use. [:sun:] | |||
| Jump to page : 1 Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page] |
| Search this forum Printer friendly version E-mail a link to this thread |


Copyright © 2026 OutdoorsFIRST Media |