Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Winnipeg River

Message Subject: Winnipeg River
Fruits
Posted 7/5/2007 9:28 AM (#263770)
Subject: Winnipeg River

Going up the 20th -28th of July. Wondering what the fish have been doing and if any one knows water levels and river current strength?

Thx!
rudedog
Posted 7/9/2007 9:09 PM (#264411 - in reply to #263770)
Subject: RE: Winnipeg River

Was up from July 1-5, water is at normal levels, not much current. fishing was tough for most of our group with not as many seen, or hooked as usual, other folks had some luck. seemed to get better as we had to head home, naturally.
good luck!
-Jon
Fruits
Posted 7/12/2007 10:47 AM (#264866 - in reply to #264411)

Thanks for the update. Seems to be cool up there so far. Makes me wonder if they are still on the weeds. Doesn't sound like it is going to be much over 70 degrees before we get up there either.

The lack of current is what I was looking for. Last year was the first year I didn't fish with any up there. I guess the resort owners (or Roach)have requested lower water and less current because the fish school up more and are easier to find.
Fuits
Posted 8/6/2007 9:31 AM (#268821 - in reply to #264866)

The river was good. It was hot most of the weekend with a cold front moving in on Wednesday. Shut down the fishing a bit Thursday into Friday morning. We boated a few with the largest 46 inches. Moved a few 50's but they wouldn't take. Sounded like a few others in camp had similar results, but the fish were biting and on the summer patterns.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)