Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Advice for Mille Lacs

Message Subject: Advice for Mille Lacs
jpine
Posted 8/19/2007 12:42 PM (#270596)
Subject: Advice for Mille Lacs

A friend of mine asked for advice for fishing Mille Lacs. I've never fished it and would like to open it up to the forum. He will be fishing it late September. Lets help a fellow muskie guy out!
muskytodd
Posted 8/19/2007 8:18 PM (#270666 - in reply to #270596)
Subject: RE: Advice for Mille Lacs

Hire a guide! Huge lake, with hundreds of rock piles! The only place to start, in my opinion, would be to hire one of the "muskie mafia"!

Todd
Phish Killer
Posted 8/19/2007 8:50 PM (#270676 - in reply to #270596)
Subject: Re: Advice for Mille Lacs

Go out from Wealthwood landing about 100 yards, drop your trolling motor and get in line with the rest of the boats.
Posted 8/19/2007 10:19 PM (#270689 - in reply to #270596)

Wealthwoods dry!! Unless your bringing a canoe your not getting out there!
happy hooker
Posted 8/20/2007 4:45 AM (#270705 - in reply to #270689)

on the north end its not necassary to bring a boat or canoe,,,just say 'excuse me' has you step from boat to boat casting has you walk whole length from wealthwood to malmo
musky-skunk
Posted 8/20/2007 10:21 AM (#270740 - in reply to #270596)

If there is one availible on such short notice I would suggest getting a guide, I would of saved myself a couple weeks of frustration if I would've learned the lake that way instead of banging my head on the floor of the boat.

If not, shallow rock reefs, large bays that are open to the main lake, and fish the deep cabbage edge, or sometimes on top of the weed beds. Oh yeah, and the north end sand, won't be hard to find the "hot spot" just look for about 30+ boats all casting at one another with big frowns on there faces.

Hope he has a good trip, it is an amazing lake for lots of big fish, but at times its just amazingly tough.
NateSki
Posted 8/22/2007 9:25 PM (#271257 - in reply to #270740)

If you dont get a guide do what the others have said and get in line on the North End. Lots of people but theres a reason for that. Theres been some big fish pulled outta there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)