|
|
| I start throwing the Flaptail type of topwaters opening day, with very good success. This, and many other Muskies never read the book that one had to wait for later in the Spring. I mix the presentation into evening and low light, with jigs and twitchbaits during brighter periods of the day.
When do you start pitching topwater?? |
|
| |
|
| I always have one topwater rigged. Cherry Twist, Topraider, Topkick, Hawg Wobbler.
Rob
www.ughmuskyseasonstilltoofaraway.com |
|
| |
|
| Hey Steve,
My client got one today on a topwater. Water temp was right at 50 degrees.
Chad |
|
| |
|
| I CAN'T WAIT!! [:bigsmile:] |
|
| |
|
| Topwater Rocks....Nothing gets my blood flowing better then a good wake, a large wall of water.....and a Smash..bang..boom..bash.
|
|
| |
|
|
----------------
On 3/30/2002 10:43:52 PM
Topwater Rocks....Nothing gets my blood flowing better then a good wake, a large wall of water.....and a Smash..bang..boom..bash.
----------------
I HEAR THAT!!
THERE'S NOTHING LIKE IT. TOPWATER RULES!![;)] |
|
| |
|
| They work! About 3 years ago during the southern WI opener I got the first muskie of the season 15 minutes into the day at 4:45 am in the dark on a boat side L....now THAT is the way to start the season....multiple fish were caught that day on top....warm spring day with a light drizzle.....uhhhhhhh
Cory |
|
| |
|
| Steve,
Do you always have people in Helicopters take your picture? How did that person get that angle?
Scott |
|
| |
|
| I love topwater, never be afraid to toss a topwater anytime of year.My favourite early season topwater bait is Jackpot, pause this bait in between walks(as long as 10 seconds between them) and the laziest fish will get mad and strike.Have patiences!
D'arcy
Darcy's Guide Service
www.darcyfish.com/Musky.html |
|
| |
|
| Smash...bang...boom...bash....sounds like Batman was chasing your bait...did you release him? Actuaaly it sounds like a postal safety talk.....[;)] [:sun:] |
|
| |
|
| D'arcy,
You pause the Jackpot for as long as ten seconds? I used to so that with a floating Rapala, and a Suick...kinda just forgot to lately. Will try the trick you mention with my new Musky Buster and my new 10" Suick, too.
Any other tricks??[:sun:] |
|
| |