Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Gill Raker Glove

Message Subject: Gill Raker Glove
Petey21
Posted 1/17/2006 6:01 PM (#172621 - in reply to #169518)
Subject: RE: Gill Raker Glove

Is it possible to order these internationally using Paypal? I couldn't make it to the show, it's a bit far away from Sweden...

And what are people's opinions about the Musky Armor glove?

I've found some online shop here in Sweden that offers a glove called Lindy Fish Handler, but they're about $32 a piece, plus shipping and handling, so that's quite a difference in price, plus they look alot bulkier.
The Yeti
Posted 1/17/2006 10:51 PM (#172657 - in reply to #169677)
Subject: RE: Gill Raker Glove

from what chad told me, they are made for one purpose..
to protect your hands from getting gashed up from gill rakers and gill plates.

mine arent waterproof, but, they weren't marketed as such...unless i missed something.
a waterproof glove, I don't think, is fish friendly enough.

the lindy gloves are too bulky, clumsy and harsh on the fish in my opinion. everytime i used one last year, they became Lindy Slimed gloves. most of that was pike slime, yes, i admit, but what better way to practice.
i don't want to tell you not to get chads gloves, i dont want to come across that way at all...by all means, go get them, they're awesome, and Chads a top notch dude..plus, the little insignia is kick azzzzz.

but if you want a waterproof glove that will protect your hands and is fish friendly, use a plumbers glove, just cut the cuffs off so water can escape easier. i'll use the musky armor gloves cuz i got me a nice hat to match!!
thanx chad,
can't wait to see what the reels look like, and how they feel.

G
Magruter
Posted 6/15/2007 9:13 AM (#261007 - in reply to #169518)
Subject: Re: Gill Raker Glove

Now that musky armor gloves have been out for a year or 2, what are some of the reviews? Do they old up? Are they water proof? I'm not to concerned about cutting my hands up, but the wife said if she caught a fish she would hold it with gloves! So i'm pretty stoked about that!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)