Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> mille lacs questions

Message Subject: mille lacs questions
curleytail
Posted 6/8/2007 12:35 PM (#260034)
Subject: mille lacs questions

Me and a fishing buddy are planning on taking a trip to Mille Lacs this summer. We were wondering what the best time to go between now and late August would be. We're most comforatble casting to structure like weeds, rocks, or sand and that type of stuff. Not really into trolling unless we really have to.

We were also wondering if we should be focusing on the north side, east side, etc.

Finally, would we be out of our minds to even consider going there with a Alumacraft 165 Navigator with a 60 Merc tiller? We won't be hiring a guide, so if we go that's the boat we'll have to take.

Thanks for any advise guys.

curleytail
jclymer
Posted 6/8/2007 1:45 PM (#260050 - in reply to #260034)
Subject: RE: mille lacs questions

Your boat will be just fine, just play the wind and use common sense... If you have 40 MPH winds from the south, don't plan on fishing the north end... As everyone will tell you, the entire lake has fish and the lake is full of structure... All the bays around the lake hold fish, the north end sand, the east rocks.... If you plan on fishing the north end sand in the summer, plan on fishing with every person in MN who owns a musky rod, if crowds don't bother you, than you will see some fish.. As for when to go, for me my better success has come around new moon time periods, but you can catch fish anytime..... Get a map and start studying it...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)