Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Okuma Induron

Message Subject: Okuma Induron
sworrall
Posted 6/4/2007 10:16 PM (#259404)
Subject: Okuma Induron

Had a few hours on the new reels this weekend, and like them just fine. The 250 was smooth and easy to palm, and the 400 was easy to use throwing large baits if a bit large for palming. Perfect Weagle/Wabull reel.

The reels come pretty heavily greased, so I recommend oiling the bearings and wiping the excess grease off the frame and wherever you can reach. A couple drops of oil on the spool shaft bearings and level wind stop any noise from them getting a bit wet. I had that same issue with Abu and Ryobi, so when I heard that noise on the cast I knew where to look.

So far a great reel at a very good price. I had the 250's spooled with 50# Spiderwire, and the 450's spooled with 50# Gorilla Braid. Plenty of line capacity, no worries there. Smacked a pike or two, and set the hook on a couple muskies, and the drag worked as it should have.

Next week I'll have a few more hours on the reels and will continue the report.
Schuler
Posted 6/5/2007 8:39 PM (#259563 - in reply to #259404)
Subject: Re: Okuma Induron

I've used my 400 a few times now and really like it so far. It casts a mile and is very smooth. The drag seems to have more power than most reels too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)