Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Guides/off season
 
Message Subject: Guides/off season

Posted 3/22/2002 8:32 AM (#3400)
Subject: Guides/off season


Just curious as to what do all the guides do in the winter to make money and put dinner on the table.

I plow snow (only went out three times this year), and do construction on the side!

Posted 3/22/2002 1:23 PM (#27051)
Subject: Guides/off season


I work a lot of sport shows. My main job in the winter is working security for the NBA. I work at the Timberwolves games, a great gig. I also do some PI work. I am a retired cop and the security business is good after the disaster of 9/11. I am in no way making light of this tragedy and would rather not have the work, but it happened.

Good luck, Murph

Posted 3/23/2002 7:53 AM (#27052)
Subject: Guides/off season


Well, I'm a full time Firefighter/EMT/HazMat Technician for the city of Rhinelander, here in northeastern Wisconsin, so that pays a couple of bills.

But when I'm not doing that or guiding, I build custom rods (talk about a good hobby gone bad, I've got 4 orders sitting on my desk now). I also write for a couple of websites on fishing and other outdoor subjects.

I wish that either my wife would come up with a better paying job or I could guide longer each season, then I'd say buh-bye to the ol' FD!

But there's a couple of things in the works that might allow me to do that and concentrate on fishing more :)

Steve @ G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods. http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Posted 3/23/2002 7:59 AM (#27053)
Subject: Guides/off season


Thanks to a long time client I lecture on Corporate Emergency management and leadership.I Have had the opportunity to travel to many foreign countries and meet a lot of very interesting people over the last several years.Why they listen to an "old" fishing guide is still a complete mystery to me,but Im not going to complain.From December through April it keeps the wolves from the door.Come the merry month of May im back on the water where I belong.

Posted 3/25/2002 12:19 PM (#27054)
Subject: Guides/off season


I teach kids with behavior problems (much like guiding?) in a k-9 school,do some homecare work on weekends,but once the first week of June rolls around on the water I go,and go untill you can't launch a boat.


D'arcy Finlan
Darcy's Guide Service
www.darcyfish.com/Musky.html

Posted 3/25/2002 12:56 PM (#27055)
Subject: Guides/off season


I own a painting contracting business, so I do some painting myself over the winter to help bring in more money.

Posted 3/25/2002 7:21 PM (#27056)
Subject: Guides/off season




I am a full time fire fighter with the City of Marshfield, and the Union President so when I am not guiding and fishing that gives me all the work I want.

Brad
breuerguideservice.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)