|
|
| Talked with coast guard today,he told they might have a speed limit this year.Do not know any details besides this.0723 |
|
| |
|
| I hope it's 5mph. 10 max. I got caught in the middle of a five boat 100mph+ drag race last year was not fun. These lakes are too small for that crap. Dredge grass and put them there. |
|
| |
|
| AHHHHH.. we can all dream of certain lakes on the chain having a low speed limit or "idle speed" rule. I wouldnt hold my breath, but it would be nice. |
|
| |
|
| Hey Bill,
Now that I don't live there anymore for that matter I never even put my 24' full cody cabin boat on that circus water, and I lived right down the street. I don't think you will ever see a speed limit law go into affect there, that's almost like telling the girls on Blarney's to keep there cloths on.... Those big 32' cigerette boats bring about 125.00 per year for chain stickers I don't think they would ever cut there revenue short by telling those num nuts they have a speed limit. Money is the rule of all evil, no matter what we all think. It would be a lot better for the water no only will more lives be saved but more people can enjoy the water for what it is. Take it from someone that loves to drive fast.
See you on the Cave Boy
"Givn One Back"[:sun:] [:bigsmile:] |
|
| |
|
| I have to agree with Jeff until we hear otherwise from the authorities. That quasi gov't organization we call the Fox Waterway Agency would be slitting its throat if they did that. There are very few people who would favor a speed limit compared to the number of bubba bassers with 250hp outboards, cigerette boats, go fast cruisers, PWC's, etc which would abandon the chain if there were a speed limit. My $0.02 |
|
| |
|
| To all this is what the coast guard had told me,with what has happened this past year there will be a ton of restritions.He also told me there is a no wake from o`briens lock all the way to lake Mich.0723 |
|
| |
|
| What I would like to see on the Chain is NO WAKE from 7:00PM - 10:00 AM, this would allow every one to enjoy thier respective water sport, people who like to fish could do so without the noise and Lake Michigan sized wakes, and People who,like to go fast will have thier time to do so
|
|
| |