|
|
| Im getting ready for the up and coming season and going through my tackle box and finding that all of my bucktails that where sitting in the small Plano boxes all winter are looking pretty bad.
Who do you know makes a nice smaller box to hang small bucktails and spinner in so they can dry out and not have the hooks rust up? |
|
| |
|
| If you have a bass boat or other kind with big storage boxes, try creating a hanger system like the guts of a big Plano box out of your storage boxes with sheets of plastic or plexiglass. Just flip open the lid to your storage box and whala tons of bucktails and other baits that need to hang. |
|
| |
|
| Lakewood makes some smaller boxes that are great for hanging bucktails and spinnerbaits. Give them a try!
Chad |
|
| |
|
| Williamo...I drill holes in the Plano boxes I have; both top + bottom allowing air to circulate....works ok for me...just don't drop the sucker over the side the boat! I also leave them sitting out when I return home.[:sun:] |
|
| |
|
| bill,talk to my dad he made two nice bait boxes out of rubbermaid containers from walmart.He used 1/8" thick wood for dividers or plexiglass,i think he gets 75 tails in each box. |
|
| |
|
| Lakewoods is what I live by and they are a little expensive but are second to none in quality. They have a spinner/bucktail box designed only for them. Hope this helps.
Musk. |
|
| |
|
|
LAKEWOOD MAKES THE BEST! THEY COST A FEW MORE $$ BUT I THINK THEY ARE WORTH IT! JUST BE SURE TO GIVE'EM A GOOD SHAKE BEFORE YOU STORE THEM. IT SHOULD HELP TO GET SOME EXTRA MILEAGE OUT OF THEM[;)] |
|
| |
|
| I used a maximizer, but to help prevent rust I use the VCI pro chips rust preventative system...little peices of cardboard that absorb moisture, I got a few when i subscribed to Esox Angler. I know there are some bass-sized hanging style boxes I've seen before, don't remember where though. |
|
| |
|
| We bought the clear-vu system for our plano boxes and the guy made a deep cut in each section to hang bucktails so they won't get smashed when the lid closes. This should also help them to dry out faster. |
|
| |
|
| Like Todd said you can get the guy from clear vison systems to make deeper slots for your bucktails or do it yourself. The reason the clear inserts are better especialy with bucktail is you can see all your bucktails wihtout having to pull them out. I can stuff 50 10 inch believers and jakes in mine so I am sure you can get even more bucktail. [:sun:]
Check out http://www.clearvisionsystems.com |
|
| |
|
| Bill,
I had a special box made by Lakewood for the Esox Deep V. It is absolutley PERFECT as a bucktail box. Let me know if you would like to have one...[:bigsmile:] |
|
| |
|
| Bill take a look at the Custom Boxs made By Lakewood for B&B Bait Box Co..http://www.baydenoc.com/bbbaitbox
Capt. Larry |
|
| |
|
| http://www.bbbaitbox.com/
Sorry they changed their web address. |
|
| |