Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> LOTW

Message Subject: LOTW
Ball Cap
Posted 4/5/2007 2:35 PM (#249076)
Subject: LOTW

Hey guys:

I am still taking my trip in July to the NW Angle, but also perhaps another trip in September.

My quesiton is when does the algae bloom die down and also when does turn-over typically happen in the NW Angle.

Thanks -Midge
Mr Musky
Posted 4/5/2007 7:53 PM (#249124 - in reply to #249076)
Subject: Re: LOTW

Hey Midge, July is the most popular time at the Angle, I also am going up there this coming July, CANT WAIT!! We've been going the Second week of October the past 4 years and I dont believe that it really does turnover, I believe it rolls over since there's really not a thermocline in most area's (some area's to the north are much deeper and i'm not sure what happens there) but as far as algae bloom goes you might run into trouble in Sept. Where are you staying? We had it really bad 2 years ago! The Second week of October and we had to run 15 miles from Young's bay to get out of the stuff! It was thick, it stunk it was horrible! Last year wasn't so bad. It is around when it's calm out but usually you can get around it. That's some nasty schtuff that you definetly dont want to fish in! It turns YOU and everything else slimy green!

Mr Musky
Fishwizard
Posted 4/5/2007 11:03 PM (#249159 - in reply to #249076)
Subject: Re: LOTW

The angle does not turn over to my knowledge, like Mr. Musky said. The condition algae bloom is completely driven by the weather conditions. Typically by the end of Sept. it should be fairly cleared out, but in the Angle anything can happen. Really you can have bad bloom areas till ice-up, depending on the wind, but with the bad areas that are created you will also have very good areas. You have to be willing to travel once the bloom sets in, but that doesn't mean you can't have a very successful trip that time of year. The great thing about it is how much the fishing pressure drops off. People don't like to have to work for much these days, so if it doesn't bother you then you can have alot of areas to yourself.

Ryan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)