Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Color? What ya need is a can of white krylon and one of black....Adjust accordingly...(PhishKiller-Mil. Musky Show,When I could not choose on a Wabull patern)
- (Added by: plitzzz)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Video for websites

Message Subject: Video for websites
Grunt Lures
Posted 2/3/2007 9:21 PM (#236186)
Subject: Video for websites

I want to add a video of my Grunt running next to a few other baits to show my customers how wide the wobble is and in general the way my Grunt runs.

Those of you who take video for websites/internet I have a question. What camera/video camera do you use? I have a Fuji E550 camera taht taeks video but a 20 second clip is aobut 40 mb. Just not sure I want to put a clip that big on my website and thought some here might have a better idea.

Thanks,
James
Grunt Lures
Posted 2/4/2007 12:15 PM (#236296 - in reply to #236186)
Subject: RE: Video for websites

Snax,

What do you use? Your videos seem very good for showing your lures in action...

TIA,
James
fatfingers
Posted 2/4/2007 1:18 PM (#236309 - in reply to #236186)

If you want a really quality video, you can rent a CCCD camera for a day. You'd have to check you local area for availability but those cameras are what is often used for high end work.

In a day you could shoot a variety of different baits.
AWH
Posted 2/5/2007 12:33 AM (#236423 - in reply to #236186)

James,

I don't know much about You Tube or your video question in general. But if you upload video to You Tube and then "embed" it on your website like Steve and others have done here on the message boards, is that using up space on your website or is that using You Tube's space? At the very least you could post a link to You Tube and then it for sure wouldn't run off your site's space.

Aaron
Grunt Lures
Posted 2/5/2007 10:44 AM (#236463 - in reply to #236423)

Good ideas. Thanks. As for my website, I do have pleanty of space right now. I think the You Tube site woudl run the video faster though. My site takes a few seconds to load as-is.

One more question, those of you who have videos, what is the average size you load onto You Tube or your website? Thsi will tell me if using my camera and thus a 10-50mb file is too much or just right. I need ot poke around a little too. I may be able to answer my own question(s).

Thanks again!
James
sworrall
Posted 2/5/2007 8:35 PM (#236628 - in reply to #236463)

In order for your potential customers to enjoy a quality video, i suggest borrowing a Mini DV or similar video camera. Easy to edit the movie to a video editing program, like Windows Movie Maker.

You Tube allows the video to be 100MB max.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)