Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Alaska trip recomendations

Message Subject: Alaska trip recomendations
Reef Hawg
Posted 2/8/2007 9:57 AM (#237202)
Subject: Alaska trip recomendations

(oops, I guess this belongs in a different forum... probably not even on this site..).

Greetings,

I cannot beleive it has been 7 years since I've been up there, but we're finally going back. The last time I was there, I went with my mother, and I rented a car and took several day and two day fishing trips. Most of my fishing was down on the Kenai river for rainbows or kings. We also fished halibut out of Seward. Now, this year, I'll be going with the whole family and my days will need to be a bit more balanced with family, than the selfish fishing vacation I took last time. That said, we are all planning to do a couple charters for halbut and salmon as a family. I had planned to do some of the same trips as last time, but it might not be possible to fit in a 2 -4 day jaunt during our stay. What I'd like to do is find a a couple more day trips, centered around Anchorage(or within a 3 hour drive, so the kenai would still be an option) for myself, wife, or group of 4 of us to do. I have really been itching to do a Pike fly in up there, but it looks like I'd need a few days, and cannot find anything shorter. I know there are lots of rivers to fish salmon and trout near Anchorage(susitna comes to mind) but am having trouble finding info on them.

If anyone here has spent time up there, or knows anyone centered around Anchorage that knows of some good day trips to take, either guided or that I could do on my own(I plan on bringing some gear), I'd love to hear about it. My brother, sister in law, wife and I would love to do one or two day trips for some salmon/trout and would like to book it or plan for it now. We don't mind the ocean charter thing if that is the best option and we could use conventional tackle, but prefer river or smaller craft type outings. We are headed there on July 10th, which I know is getting towards the end of the king salmon run, and not quite into the silver run. Any tips I get will be put to use immediately. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Reef Hawg 2/8/2007 10:13 AM
Shep
Posted 2/8/2007 2:58 PM (#237277 - in reply to #237202)
Subject: RE: Alaska trip recomendations

Bet you get a reply from Doc Esox. He'll steer you straight! Not saying you're not straight. I mean, well.... Ah heck. I'm just saying.

Men in trees. Doc lives there for a few years now.

Edited by Shep 2/8/2007 3:00 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)