Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Kudos to Daiwa!

Message Subject: Kudos to Daiwa!
Cowboyhannah
Posted 1/31/2007 11:50 PM (#235440)
Subject: Kudos to Daiwa!

Just wanted to let folks know that customer service is NOT dead...

Bought a cvz-300a two years ago and had repeated problems with the anti-reverse...sent it back to them..it worked for 2 weeks then backed up again...had it in to Chuck 2X with the same result...

After working my way through the service dept. tech associates, I finally was able to speak with the supervisor...a guy named Sergio...I told him my problem and told him I would be happy with any reel that actually WORKED...used or whatever they had lying around...he told me to send mine in....

Anyhow...a week later a brand new LUNA arrived on my doorstep at no charge....

Thanks Sergio....customer service is not dead after all!

Steve Jonesi
Posted 2/1/2007 8:36 AM (#235480 - in reply to #235440)
Subject: RE: Kudos to Daiwa!

Very good to hear.The Luna will make the CVZ feel like a Zebco 202.LOL. Steve
Beaver
Posted 2/1/2007 5:40 PM (#235645 - in reply to #235440)
Subject: RE: Kudos to Daiwa!

I used to be a Daiwa rep back in the 70's and 80's.
That's how I met Sworrall....but anyway, I'm still using 8 of the original SS prototype reels that came out in '77 I believe.
I contacted Daiwa, and sent all of them in just so they could take a look at them and correct any problems. 29 years later and there weren't any problems to correct. They were amazed, because all I have ever done to them is wipe off the heavy grease that came on them, and when I changed spools I would give them a little spray of Tef-Gel...maybe 3 times in almost 30 years. They don't have infinite anti-reverse, but they are still the best spinning reels that I have ever used. I especially like the SS1600's on the 8' St Croix In-Shore rods that I use for fishing jigs and creatures and other plastice for muskies.
All brass gears and guts made for a great reel. 30 years old this year, and they are still the staple of my spining reel arsenal.
Beav
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)