Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Zebco

Message Subject: Zebco
Muskiemetal
Posted 12/24/2006 3:17 PM (#227503)
Subject: Zebco

Had a customer today explain that the Zebco spincasters are an excellent Muskie reel, that with 20lb mono, you can handle any sized fish.....I said that the closest spincast that could was maybe a Daiwa Goldcast. What do you think?

Edited by Muskiemetal 12/24/2006 4:40 PM
Posted 12/24/2006 5:10 PM (#227519 - in reply to #227503)
Subject: RE: Zebco

I had a friend that passed away a few years ago that used nothing but those old Johnson Century spincast reels with 15 lb test mono. He lived in Michigan but fished every year in Wisconsin around Grindstone lake. He caught a lot of muskies, the largest was 32 lbs. He used bucktails and a lot of lures like the Heddon Vamp, not the large lures we use today. I have a large Zebco 808 on a rod in the boat for people who can't use a casting reel and for some of the kids that come along. It's funny though most kids pick up a casting reel and catch on quite fast. Most anythung will work sometimes.

Joe Wishin

P.S. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
Schuler
Posted 12/24/2006 7:43 PM (#227529 - in reply to #227519)
Subject: RE: Zebco

Its not the fish that'll break the reels as much as the lures. I wouldn't suggest using a zebco unless they make a larger omega...not much plastic in those reels.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)