Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Biology -> tiger muskie strains!

Message Subject: tiger muskie strains!
leech lake strain
Posted 3/24/2010 7:38 PM (#430862)
Subject: tiger muskie strains!

I have heard that usually tiger muskies are of wisconsin female muskie strain and a male northern. And alot of tigers I have seen have that barred wisconsin strain look to them. However is there many other strains and I was catching them a number of years in a mn rearing pond and they look far different here is a pic!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(tiger musky.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tiger musky.jpg (194KB - 238 downloads)
leech lake strain
Posted 3/24/2010 7:54 PM (#430865 - in reply to #430862)
Subject: RE: tiger muskie strains!

I remember they were really gold colored and there were some big ones in there too and they looked way cool. They looked just like that little one in the photo but about 20 times bigger! The wierd thing is they are suppose to be sterile and the dnr wanted to poison them off and restock with trout but every year there was more and more hammer handles like this one, This was caught in the fall and tigers that feed well there fist year they are hatched will be on average 12-14" long wich this one is. The dnr did poison it off wich sucked but why was there always 4month old fish in there every year! It makes me want to believe they were reproducing!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)