Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Another Creature Q. for Worrall

Message Subject: Another Creature Q. for Worrall
Partycrasher
Posted 11/7/2006 7:58 AM (#219346)
Subject: Another Creature Q. for Worrall

Mr Worrall,

Can you shed some light on Jig and Creature/ Reaper fishing in late fall (like now) after the weeds and weedlines have broken down. Do you still fish the creature out on the deeper breaks parallel to the breaks? Do you work it down the break? This would be on non-cisco based lakes. I have a blast all year on the weedlines, but sputter with the tactic when the water hits 40 and below. Thanks!
sworrall
Posted 11/7/2006 8:45 AM (#219362 - in reply to #219346)
Subject: RE: Another Creature Q. for Worrall

I look for fast hard bottom transitions, rock edges, and the like if the weeds are gone. If there is ANY green weed, I get to the outside, just barely hitting the edge with the jig. I parallel the edge as much as is possible, picking apart the pockets and inside turns, etc.
Partycrasher
Posted 11/7/2006 9:09 AM (#219369 - in reply to #219346)

Thank you Steve. So, you are fishing the steep hard breaks parallel also? Also, are you slowing down the presentation when the water gets say 40 or less? Like slowing down your reeling on the "lift" and pausing longer when the jig falls to rest. Thanks for you help!
sworrall
Posted 11/7/2006 9:16 AM (#219371 - in reply to #219369)

No, I'm moving it short distances (two or three cranks) very fast.
CowgirlAddict
Posted 11/7/2006 9:26 AM (#219375 - in reply to #219362)

i have a stupid question, what is a creature?
Partycrasher
Posted 11/7/2006 9:35 AM (#219381 - in reply to #219346)

Never a stupid question! I believe the term Creature evolved in the 1970's when jig fishermen like Worrall and Portincaso began fusing together pieces of plastic lizards, worms and reapers to make musky sized creations. My personal favorite has been the 7.5" Fliptail Creature (not made any more). I pour all my own now including an exact replica of that Fliptail. I'll post a picture of my four top creatures tomorrow on the "basement bait" forum.
CowgirlAddict
Posted 11/7/2006 9:36 AM (#219382 - in reply to #219381)

Thank you very much
Partycrasher
Posted 11/7/2006 9:49 AM (#219391 - in reply to #219346)

For "all you wanted to know about creatures but were afraid to ask", go to "articles" and read Worrall's article titled "Of Jigs and Muskies" dated 11/11/05. It's an excellent synopsis of the whole Creature technique. I got hooked on this in '78. Not only have I caught hundreds of Muskies on them but the technique has made me a better fisherman overall. It forces you to learn boat control and tunes you in to the minute details of weeds and bottom features.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)