Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> What a Great Weekend!!!!

Message Subject: What a Great Weekend!!!!
Big Perc
Posted 9/26/2006 7:50 AM (#210868)
Subject: What a Great Weekend!!!!

Went to see GLodden (Grant) in Minneapolis this past weekend to do some fishing, he goes to Grad School at the U of M. We hit the water about 8:30 friday night and I stuck a 39"...Hit the water on Saturday morning and raised freaking cow within 20 minutes....went a little further and I stuck a 45" x 20"...went for about another hour and GLodden stuck a 40" x 18" right before the rain of biblical proportions kicked us off the water...fished a little that night with no success...then came sunday...

Sunday morning brought high skies with a blusterly northwest wind...we figured fishing was going to be tough but we went back to were we raised the cow the previous day hoping she might be active again...she wasn't there but we did manage to see a 30" class fish cursing the weeds...from here we decided to troll our big baits...GLodden put on hit Little Wish and I put on a 10" Franky...were trolling along and notice a couple huge arc's on the depthfinder...about 2 seconds later my rod is nearly ripped from my hands...so I set the hook and feel what I believe to be massive head shakes...so a chinese fire drill ensues...as I start reeling something just doesn't seem right but it still feels like a massive fish staying way down and head shaking...my drag goes out a bit then I gain ground, then drag, then gain ground...so we get right over the "fish" and I pull up and it goes right back down, pull up right back down...this goes on for a couple minutes...with no progress...by this time we have figured out it is not a fish but we have no idea what...So I am using a 4 foot wishmaster leader and I finally reel up to the end of this leader...so I grabbed it and pulled up only to find a rope wrapped around my Franky Bait...and about 15 feet below where my lure is attached to the rope is a 20 pound anchor...we figured the "head shakes" were probably this anchor dragging and catching on the bottom...what a thrill it was for a minute or two...but the day continued and I missed another fish in the low 30" class and we called it a day...all in all a great weekend and definetly a fun time...I would like to thank Grant and his girlfriend for letting me stay with them and thank Grant for putting us on fish...I'll be back the first weekend in november for some sucker fishing...

Big Perc

Edited by Big Perc 9/26/2006 7:55 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Metro 39.jpg)

(Metro 45x20.jpg)

(Grants 40x18.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Metro 39.jpg (175KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments Metro 45x20.jpg (174KB - 103 downloads)
Attachments Grants 40x18.jpg (175KB - 108 downloads)
Magruter
Posted 9/26/2006 8:00 AM (#210873 - in reply to #210868)
Subject: RE: What a Great Weekend!!!!

BAH! Great story, didn't expect to see an anchor. It's amazing what you snag up from trolling, i once caught a throw pillow. It felt like a 30 pound fish. Talk about excitement to being VERY dissapointed. But hey atleast you got an anchor out of the deal.
MuskyHopeful
Posted 9/26/2006 9:23 AM (#210892 - in reply to #210868)

Good story, Matt. After sitting next to you for five nights at dinner, I would have thought a large young man such as yourself could yank that anchor into the boat with one big pull. LOL. Sounds like you had a blast.

Kevin

A little PackerHopeful
Kazmuskie
Posted 9/26/2006 10:02 AM (#210904 - in reply to #210868)

I can relate a little. Fought the hell out of a tire this summer. Fish are a little more fun. At least you stuck a couple the day before.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)