Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Magruter, Mark, and the Moen; Spider Pelican and TJ Too

Message Subject: Magruter, Mark, and the Moen; Spider Pelican and TJ Too
sworrall
Posted 9/22/2006 11:43 PM (#210547)
Subject: Magruter, Mark, and the Moen; Spider Pelican and TJ Too

We hit the water this morning in 20 MPH to 25 MPH gusts of wind from the East coupled with intermittent rain. The fish were not really going, but we managed to move 7, put one in the Frabill, and see a REALLY good fish we hope to get pinned up this weekend yet. That fish slammed a Weagle and somehow avoided all those hooks. Water temps were upper 50's and the fish were in 2' in the slop. Violent Strike Willow Magnums had action, as did a Top Raider and Weagle.

At dark we retired to the Hideout main kitchen where we made a BIG venison and potato, fresh garden tomato, and fixins dinner. TJ joins us tomorrow in the continuing quest for Muskie Rhinelander style.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSC_0011.JPG)

(DSC_0017.JPG)

(DSC_0021.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0011.JPG (77KB - 100 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0017.JPG (64KB - 83 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0021.JPG (84KB - 83 downloads)
slimm
Posted 9/22/2006 11:46 PM (#210548 - in reply to #210547)
Subject: RE: Magruter, Mark, and the Moen

Nice. I love the weather.
jonnysled
Posted 9/23/2006 2:36 AM (#210557 - in reply to #210547)

man, after looking at that weather ... i'm staying in shanghai! ... when i left i was riding my cycle in a t-shirt. what the heck is going on back there? .... gruter ... ain't that a pike? ... bring your musky mojo when you get in my boat later this fall please! ... hope all is well at the worrel house, maybe we'll run into each other on the water next week. i'm going nuts and need to smell a fish and not the kind they put in front of you over here.
muskihntr
Posted 9/23/2006 11:05 AM (#210575 - in reply to #210547)

sled careful about the pike comments that one could come back and bite ya... hahahahahaha... shhhhhhhhh!! get your butt back here!!!
sworrall
Posted 9/23/2006 8:21 PM (#210594 - in reply to #210575)

TJ took Mark and Magruter over to Spider this morning, chasing muskies and to enjoy the atmosphere, this is a neat lake in the Fall when no one is on the water. They had the lake to themselves, moved a few muskies, and boated a 35. They moved to Pelican and talked me in to a few hours out there, too. This was weird: the weather came in from the EAST... that's near impossible, but it did, off the back of a weird low pressure system in Michigan. The muskies on the East end were active, on the west end they were not, just a 3 mile difference. We had RAIN like buckets, so hard you couldn't see, and hail, lightning, and wind that blew almost all directions. I'll let TJ tell the story of woe he and Mark had, I had a close encounter with a 40ish fish on a Weagle on the ......7th or 8th figure 8, she sort of ate the thing and shook it anyway. Had another leap over the bait befre the storm, and after, it was over. Tomorrow we try the Moen again, I have an appointment with a big girl and a Weagle...

(Picture 010.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Picture 010.jpg (71KB - 78 downloads)
jonnysled
Posted 9/23/2006 9:38 PM (#210602 - in reply to #210547)
Subject: RE: Magruter, Mark, and the Moen; Spider and Pelican and TJ Too

packed and loaded and about to start the long, strange trip home ... of course i meant that in the nicest possible way. looking forward to getting back and on the water and especially for the presque isle outing ... magruter ... learn all you can from the old guy and the kid and look forward to using it in presque isle.

i'm soooooo ready to be on the water you can't imagine. it's fun to have this place to stop in and take a look at and chat on while i'm halfway around the world.
sworrall
Posted 9/24/2006 1:38 PM (#210614 - in reply to #210602)

We hit it again this morning, Mark with me and Magruter with TJ. The wind was 15 or more from the NW, so we went to Moen wishing we had good weather and winds for Pelican after all the fish TJ and Mark moved there last night before the storms. Moonrise was 9 AM, and the fish moved some for about an hour right on schedule. We saw 4, lost one and got one in the low forties, all in all a great trip.

Magruter, you WILL get that big girl up here, just come on back up the the Hideout anytime, and drag Mark along! Mark is one heck of a net man, stabbing that muskie just before she blasted off on another run, BOOM, in the Frabill! Thanks to TJ for filling in for Slamr on short notice.

(P10107161.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P10107161.jpg (67KB - 71 downloads)
Mark
Posted 9/24/2006 4:51 PM (#210630 - in reply to #210547)

Good fishing, but better yet good people!
Thanks,
-MH
Magruter
Posted 9/25/2006 7:17 AM (#210702 - in reply to #210547)

Steve, thanks for all you hospitality. Be sure to give Sue a big thank you from us, her cooking was just what i needed after getting hammered by hail and rain for 30 minutes. Next time i see a 40 inch fish chasing a weagle for 5 minutes i'll keep my mouth shut, that was a VERY peculiar fish. TJ it was nice to finally put a face the name, thanks for sharing your boat and helping us out to make this a great weekend. If either of you guys make it down to Madison you have a place to crash.
-Scott
sworrall
Posted 9/25/2006 8:58 AM (#210713 - in reply to #210702)

I had a great time, plan on the weekend every year if it fits your schedule!
Magruter
Posted 9/25/2006 9:23 AM (#210714 - in reply to #210547)
Subject: RE: Magruter, Mark, and the Moen; Spider Pelican and TJ Too

Sounds like a plan! Moen owes me one!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)