Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Weekend Reports?

Message Subject: Weekend Reports?
sworrall
Posted 9/18/2006 7:13 AM (#209719)
Subject: Weekend Reports?

The Hodag Challenge took my attention all weekend, so I got to watch fishing alot but no casting for Sue and me. The Hodag was a great event this year; lots of fish caught and some nice fish, too.

How did you do out on the water last weekend?
JohnMD
Posted 9/18/2006 7:49 AM (#209724 - in reply to #209719)
Subject: RE: Weekend Reports?

Fished the Fox Chain on Sunday with Esox Angler, We had a mid 40's up in Veronica's Bay and a late follow after I pulled my Bait out of the water on Catherine, Got a LM Bass on a Top Raider that hit so hard I thought it was a ski, other then that not much action to speak of. No real boat traffic on the Chain just a few go fasts running back and forth and one Water Skier on Catherine, it's obvious that most folks are pulling boats out for the season even saw some docks either pulled or being pulled.

Water temps on average was in the mid 60's

Edited by JohnMD 9/18/2006 7:50 AM
agrimm
Posted 9/18/2006 9:22 AM (#209736 - in reply to #209719)

Fished Three Lakes and maybe saw 4 other boats...it was nice.
Landed a 42" on Saturday at sunset and a 36" Sunday morning.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(3 Lakes 42.jpg)

(3Lakes 36.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 3 Lakes 42.jpg (61KB - 85 downloads)
Attachments 3Lakes 36.jpg (69KB - 58 downloads)
Clark A
Posted 9/18/2006 12:01 PM (#209757 - in reply to #209719)

My friend Terry and fished the Hodag on Pelican Lake. Terry caught his personal best (42") on Friday. A day early and many dollars short. We are not going to take a vacation day and sit in a cabin sharpening hooks, so you take them when you can. We saw and caught nothing on Saturday, and had a solid 48"+ up on Sunday. It has been at least 20 years since I've seen one that large on Pelican, but I've been limiting my Pelican fishing to the annual Hodag. Steve and Norm, I will send you info on the local of that Pelican fish. I would love to see how big it really was.

(Terry 42 09.15.06. (640X480)jpg.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Terry 42 09.15.06. (640X480)jpg.jpg (96KB - 54 downloads)
The Dogger
Posted 9/18/2006 12:46 PM (#209768 - in reply to #209719)

Hey all, had on off and on at boatside then we boated this 10 min later on sat. night. A nice 43". NW WI ski.
Rockin' SV
Posted 9/18/2006 10:31 PM (#209871 - in reply to #209719)

Was out on Webster saturday night and sunday for a bit. I lost one saturday evening and had one miss a Hoosier Handmade topwater completely blowing it out of the water. Then sunday morning after about two hours of seeing nothing this one struck out of nowhere. Measured by my son at 42.5" it is one of my best to date.

(sept 17.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sept 17.jpg (13KB - 58 downloads)
Steve Van Lieshout
Posted 9/19/2006 7:25 AM (#209891 - in reply to #209719)

Darrel & I had the "best worst day" of our fishing careers todate on Saturday. We were fishing the HoDag. For the first time in our 17 years of fishing it, the weather conditions were perfect! It was rainy and windy with a major front expected on Sunday night. We had 12 follows, with 5 being +40", and not one made contact with hooks!!!!!! We had the pattern down rock solid. All the fish were in heavy weeds in under 5' of water. Most all showed themselves on topwater and either missed the bait from the side or followed and blew up 5'-6' from the boat!!!UGH!!! We should have been all done by 9:00 AM on Satueday morning. That is why they call it fishing and not catching.
One of the fish that was boated on our lake was caught right in front of us.
I caught a beautiful 20" smallmouth on a topraider, that anyother day would have been quite noteworthy.
It still was a great weekend with great friends but with a major "should have been-could have been" asterick!
362 days until Da' Hodag!
ulbian
Posted 9/19/2006 11:44 AM (#209951 - in reply to #209719)

My name is Bob and I love DDD's. 3 fish on Friday night in less than two hours, other active fish going. One of those three ate the bucktail pictured in this thread:

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=28...

It ate the pink/green section. I hate bucktails...but AROZ makes some quality stuff!!

Edited by ulbian 9/19/2006 11:46 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)